Got A New Flashlight...

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by Vikas
I have original UltraFire UF-H3B and it is one of my favorite light.
Do you ever carry it on your head? How's the weight?

The H03 weighs 92 gram, including battery. I tried it on my head yesterday, and you can definitely feel it. OK for short term, but not long term. When I go walking at night, I much prefer something lighter like Nitecore Tip or even an AA light.

I use it for tinkering around the house or the car. I usually complete (or give up) in less than hour. I have not used it for walking. The light pattern is much for the short range work rather than for walking.

Time to give this thread another bump.
smile.gif

[Linked Image]

Cool little light....how is skilhunt's quality ? And what is that screen looking thing over the lens ?

Originally Posted by Warstud
how is skilhunt's quality ?
Excellent, IMO.

And what is that screen looking thing over the lens ?
It's a diffuser - commonly used to achieve a wider and smoother floody beam.

Skilhunt also makes the H03F version which gives you two different lens options:

[Linked Image]

Picked up this little guy last week: Acebeam UC15. In addition to the main white LED (XP-L2), it also has a red LED and UV LED. It runs on two (or one) AAA cells or 10440 Li-Ion cells. It can be used as a headlamp when attached to the brim of a hat, using the included clip. It's a bit heavier than Nitecore TIP, but much more solidly built (aluminum body). The clip is metal, unlike the somewhat flimsy plastic clip on Nitecore TIP.

Rated output is 250 lm on alkalines/NiMH and 1,000 lm on Li-Ion.

http://www.acebeam.com/uc15

[Linked Image]

"one or two" AAA batteries? That is NOT good! It means those are wired in parallel. I never had good experience having cells in parallel.

For those of you familiar with Convoy S2+, Simon has released a 21700 version of it (S21A):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Gra...e-protection-management/33026858558.html

Claims max 2300 lumen output, but since the head/body isn't much bigger than S2+, my guess is, it won't be able to maintain that level of output for long before it hits its thermal ceiling. The S2+ (8x7135) can already get very toasty with no external cooling.

Plus, I'm not crazy about having to acquire yet another battery format. I don't have a Tesla to pull some 21700 cells from.
smile.gif

Simon has released a 21700 version of it (S21A)

Thanks for the heads up but I think I'd pay a little more and get the S11

The S2+ (8x7135) can already get very toasty with no external cooling.

I've got one and it doesn't get hot at all.

Simon has released a 21700 version of it (S21A)

Thanks for the heads up but I think I'd pay a little more and get the S11
Good point. The S11 should handle heat better, plus it uses a 26650 cell which I already have.

I've got one and it doesn't get hot at all.
Put in a fully charged high current cell in, and stand it up and leave it running on max for a few minutes.

[Linked Image]

The 26F has some voltage sag under mid-higher current draw, but not too terrible:

[Linked Image]

BTW, I just picked up this mosquito zapper / lantern. It's got some cheap 18650 2000 mAh cell inside, but not easily accessible.

[Linked Image]

Free I3E EOS offer starts on July 12, 2019 while supplies last!...$5.00 S&H
The i3E is an extremely compact flashlight with a maximum 90-lumen output, all running off of a single AAA battery. The i3E flashlight features a high-performance Philips LUXEON TX LED and a PMMA TIR lens that focuses the light to reach a distance of 44 meters.
https://www.olightstore.com/?sscid=71k3_d8g47&

[Linked Image]

The i3E is an extremely compact flashlight with a maximum 90-lumen output, all running off of a single AAA battery. The i3E flashlight features a high-performance Philips LUXEON TX LED and a PMMA TIR lens that focuses the light to reach a distance of 44 meters.

[Linked Image]

I wanted to open that link, but unless I offer to let them invade all my privacy at Facebook or Google Gmail, it will not let me proceed.
So now I'm standing still, like I'm in quicksand and sinking fast..... without my new free flashlight to signal for help.

WAIT.... hold on, I got my free Harbor Freight flashlight in my pocket. I'll use it instead.

Last edited:

[Linked Image]

I had one of those, I lost the actual light part of it though... but they are pretty impressive for their tiny size.

I now have an Olight Seeker 2 Pro now. Absolutely love it.

B5B78E5C-38F3-4819-A0EE-312036509156.jpeg

Back