Chevy Trucks Transmission Problems? 2017 And Newer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Originally Posted by K20FA5
I have the 6 speed in mine and have no complaints. Most of the issues I've heard people complain about are around the 8 speeds. From what I read, and could be way wrong, it sounded like they needed a different fluid than they were originally manufactured with. Not sure if that issue has been corrected with the 2019 trucks or not?

I certainly am no expert and have not driven a GM 8 speed transmission .

But , to my knowledge , GM only used DEXRON 6 in newer vehicles ( gasoline ) ? Do not have any idea about the diesels ?

The 8 and 10 speed new GM transmissions use a different fluid. DEXRON HP or LV or ?????

Originally Posted by Fitz98
The company we are working for is looking for a new Chevy cargo van for one of my co-workers.
Don't know if the share the same transmission as the trucks mentioned above.

We routinely purchase 3500 Chevy or GMC extended vans for our business. Note that our 18 Chevy Express 3500 has the 6.0 engine and the 6L90E transmission. Already at 30k miles and just fine. Curb weight of 9200 pounds every day!

Our Factory Authorized Upfitter has told me of many issues for their clients with the 8 speed units. They will only be in the light duty vans...

Yea, it's a problem. new CTS-V owners are having problems. It's keeping the value on mine up.

Hmmmm...my 23 year old 4L60E in my 1500 Sierra is original and still running great. Not abused at all though and plenty of fresh ATF over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back