GMC MultiPro tailgate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this it ?

downloadfile.jpg

Originally Posted by E365
Your timeline is incorrect. Chevrolet was using aluminum panels (the hood) BEFORE the 13th gen aluminum body F-150 came out.

How far are we going back? Ford was using aluminum as a hood material on the trucks before the year 2000
21.gif
Explorer ended up with an aluminum gate, in conjunction with the hood.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by E365
Your timeline is incorrect. Chevrolet was using aluminum panels (the hood) BEFORE the 13th gen aluminum body F-150 came out.

How far are we going back? Ford was using aluminum as a hood material on the trucks before the year 2000
21.gif
Explorer ended up with an aluminum gate, in conjunction with the hood.

I was going to say the same thing, I know the 10th gen F150 has an aluminum hood, which is good since the paint on the hood of my '02 is crap and would be rusted if no for the aluminum hood.

I do find that commercial funny though.
I thought it was stupid till the first time I used it on my brother in laws truck, and it is convenient. Not a necessity, but is nice.

I knew the same thing would come about with Chevy started slamming Ford for the aluminum beds, it was only a matter of time till GM started doing it.

Are they doing it ? Thought GM stayed with steel beds but body panels are aluminum … ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back