Building a new shed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of last week-end...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

So is this cheaper than pre-fab?

Everyone seems to be selling pre-fabs today, Cook Portable Warehouse and Martin are the most popular design around here,

Originally Posted by LeakySeals
What type of subfloor and frame joist are they? It doesn't look like pressure treated in the picture

Every piece of subfloor and cross-braces ARE P.T.. excepts for 3 maybe 4 cross-braces that is reg SPF and some older green P.T.
All P.T.here is a brow colour sort of to mimic cedar

Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL

Everyone seems to be selling pre-fabs today, Cook Portable Warehouse and Martin are the most popular design around here,

I have no idea how much a pre-fab shed is... after doing much homework before starting.. prefab didnt seem like a popular option up here.

edit;

For pre-fabs.. how large are the pieces.??? because i would have needed to transport them myself... i am confident they would not deliver where this is set up..!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL

The pre fabricated ones are cutting corners, like using 2x3's and that cheaper "engineered" wood instead of plywood. They don't meet code in some places.

End of day today... before the thunder bangers rolled in...

sorry folk will edit once i get better internet...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 2K2AcuraTL
As of yesterday !
smile.gif

[Linked Image]

I like it. If I had my choice to do it again I would do a baby garage door. Sick of alignment problems with my two front barn doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back