Meguiars Ultimate Quik Spray Wax vs Turtle Ice Spray Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either, you probably wouldn't see any difference, Meguiars is real good and Turtle Wax has come a long way with their waxes.
cheers3.gif

I've used both. I prefer the Meguiars. It's easier to buff out and the finish looks better.That's just my opinion. Someone else may have the opposite opinion.

I have been using Turtle Wax spray wax for some time.
It doesn't matter if you spray it on plastic, rubber or even glass.

However, it is my understanding that there is a new sheriff in town...
Meguair's Hybrid Ceramic Wax.

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Direct_Rejection

Hope this helps.

I want to try the new ceramic wax. I have used both of the spray waxes and they work about the same. Turtle Wax has been coming up with some pretty
good products the last few years and for the price they work quite well.

Turtle Wax seems to be putting out some good products in the past few years. I use Meguiars Ultimate and Turtle Wax spray on, I like both. Turtle Wax has seemed to perform better in the water beading category on my wifes Jetta. It simply will bead water longer than Meguiars Ultimate.

Both are decent consumer level products.

Some info that might not be known;

Meguiars is owned by Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing. (3M)

Turtle Wax makes Marvel Mystery Oil.

I am asking because I hear that Turtle ice spray wax sheets water better than Meguiars Ultimate Quik Spray Wax.

Turtle ice spray wax is watery and not easy to remove.
Meguiars is easier to remove, beads water and leaves water marks.

I have a spray bottle of Turtle Wax Spray Wax, a huge jug of Meguiars D156 (Express Spray Wax) which is just the professional version of their Ultimate Quik Wax, and a bottle of EagleOne Spray Wax. They all work great, are easy to apply and buff off, and provide a nice shine. My personal preference is Meguiars for a quick spritz, as I find it easier and faster to buff off, but I feel that the Turtle Wax and Eagle One provide a slight advantage in terms of appearance, but require just a little bit more work.

Eagle One's nano wax is a terrific product. You should consider it as a 3rd option.

You honestly can't go wrong with any of them.

I went from Meg's Ultimate Quick Wax -> Lucas Slick Mist -> Turtle Wax Ice Spray Wax ... While they are close and if only one was available I'd be just fine . Still if I had a choice I liked the Turtle Wax ICE spray wax .
I also have bought the Meg's ceramic hybrid wax but I use a applicator pad after washing and drying the vehicle to apply the wax - too many reports of this stuff being wasteful if you spray and then spread around with water .
I may just revert back to Turtle Wax ICE Spray wax for my vehicles and save the Meg's ceramic hybrid wax for fishing lures or something (too expensive for what it does in my opinion) .

Originally Posted by Direct_Rejection

Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax really isn't in the same category as their Ultimate Quick Wax though. The Ultimate Quick Wax is more of a detailing spray with a little bit of a shine booster in it, but it really provides very little protection from the elements. It's something you would use between washings to remove the dust. The Hybrid Ceramic Wax is more for protection, and takes longer to apply (since you need to wash the car to apply it) and is a replacement for a traditional sealant or wax. A lot of people will use the HCW and then top it off with either the Quick Wax or the Ultimate Quick Detailer (or in some cases both) My preferred combination is still Ultimate Fast Finish and Ultimate Quick Detailer though.

For the first in 20+ years in my present house, I washed my car in the driveway...don't have a hose connection that's convenient for this and don't like the idea of the soap washing into the brook behind us.
My car had a nasty film on it that touchless car washes didn't remove in the slightest, so I tried a bucket wash with a sorta "green" soap, rinsed it with another bucket of water, dried it with a big microfiber towel, and then applied the Meg's product referenced in this thread. Did it all late in the day so the sun wasn't an issue.
Wish I could tell you how it looks, but I left the car outside since my daughter is parking in my garage spot this summer (it's just easier all around) and it got a massive dose of pollen overnight. Then it rained just a bit the next morning to make the pollen coating all mottled. Guess I will have to wait for more rain to know what the car actually looks like now??

Originally Posted by atikovi
Have only used Meguiars so can't say anything about the Turtle, only that it reminds me of the 70's.

Exactly! Brings back memories of learning to detail as a teen practicing on my dad's giant Ford Custom 500! Out there with a can of Turtle Wax and the pad that came in the can and an old bath towel mom would reluctantly part with.

Back then, Turtle Wax wax was synonymous with quality and THE consumer wax to use. Today, I only use Meguiars. I think they are superior plus have stellar customer support in general. I've used their Utlimate Quik Wax and like it. I use it for door jambs, under the hood, inside trunk area and more. Super easy to use and leave a nice protective layer that does seem to last several washes.

*I remember in the early 1970's paste wax was hard to use - the Johnson came out with "Kit" car wax which was a tan color , whipped up , soft car wax in a can which was super easy to apply and smelled real good . Up until "Kit" car wax came along - car waxes in a can were real hard to apply and remove .
Originally Posted by NissanMaxima
Have only used Meguiars so can't say anything about the Turtle, only that it reminds me of the 70's.

Exactly! Brings back memories of learning to detail as a teen practicing on my dad's giant Ford Custom 500! Out there with a can of Turtle Wax and the pad that came in the can and an old bath towel mom would reluctantly part with.

Back then, Turtle Wax wax was synonymous with quality and THE consumer wax to use. Today, I only use Meguiars. I think they are superior plus have stellar customer support in general. I've used their Utlimate Quik Wax and like it. I use it for door jambs, under the hood, inside trunk area and more. Super easy to use and leave a nice protective layer that does seem to last several washes.

Originally Posted by ChrisD46
*I remember in the early 1970's paste wax was hard to use - the Johnson came out with "Kit" car wax which was a tan color , whipped up , soft car wax in a can which was super easy to apply and smelled real good . Up until "Kit" car wax came along - car waxes in a can were real hard to apply and remove .
Originally Posted by NissanMaxima

In those days Wax was very hard to work with if you left it on too long. Simoniz is the brand most will remember as being hard to work with

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by ChrisD46
.........In those days Wax was very hard to work with if you left it on too long. Simoniz is the brand most will remember as being hard to work with

Yep - where the "one panel at a time"...... started!

Using Johnson's "Kit" wax is where I learned to apply a thin layer and ALWAYS used a circular motion to apply back then ... Apply too much and you had a hard time removing ... Then there was the wax dust !! You could not apply "Kit" wax to any rubber or plastic molding as it would stain ... But oh , that wonderful smell of "Kit" wax - the first wax in a can I recall that did not smell like a solvent ! I used to help a friend with an early 1970's Shelby Cobra Mustang V-8 muscle car wax and buff that racing orange beast until it had multiple layers of wax built up . My reward was to get to ride in it (the slower the better) around town so we got maximum exposure (lol !) My friend kept the buff cloth folded up inside the Cobra for touch up in case of small stains , bugs , etc. that he wanted to wipe away , the secondary benefit was we had the nice smell of the "KIT" wax inside the car too now which impressed our female riders as to what a bright , shiny car's paint should smell like !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back