2020 Supra 0-120mph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hybrid make it heavier but faster still.

Ha. badge engineered BMW. Wont sell.

NO JDM lover love. Plus $$$$

There are so many stupendously performing cars now, I'm overwhelmed to the point of
NOT CARING.

No offense it just where I am in my mid 60's.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Hybrid make it heavier but faster still.

Ha. badge engineered BMW. Wont sell.

NO JDM lover love. Plus $$$$

There are so many stupendously performing cars now, I'm overwhelmed to the point of
NOT CARING.

No offense it just where I am in my mid 60's.

What was the point of this post??
lol.gif

What part of the 330HP twin turbo BMW engine is hybrid in Supra?????????

I like the car and glad Toyota partnered up to build a real sports car powertrain, interior bits and manufacture at attainable price point.

Last edited:
Would have been way more impressed if it had a Toyota engine but they went cheap short term and decided not to spend that much money on engineering. Goes way beyond my needs in a car.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Would have been way more impressed if it had a Toyota engine but they went cheap short term and decided not to spend that much money on engineering. Goes way beyond my needs in a car.

I know that I'm the cross-shopper from Hades, but the Supra is not on my list of possible replacements for my M235i- the current contenders are the GT350, M2C, and 370Z. None of them are exactly rocket ships, but the are fast enough to keep me entertained.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
The Supra is not a hybrid.

Yes- I've never heard that...

Originally Posted by MCompact

I know that I'm the cross-shopper from Hades, but the Supra is not on my list of possible replacements for my M235i- the current contenders are the GT350, M2C, and 370Z. None of them are exactly rocket ships, but the are fast enough to keep me entertained.

I had a 370Z. Would not purchase again. It lacked refinement that one expects in the $40K price range.

Originally Posted by Ws6

I had a 370Z. Would not purchase again. It lacked refinement that one expects in the $40K price range.

Why then did you buy one?

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite

NOT CARING.

A lot of truth in that for many of us older guys. The fun of a "fast car" has been dialed out too. They are universally numb. Even the mighty Corvette drives and rides just like a Malibu.

Heck, the Supra sounds exactly like a video game car from the 1990's. No thank you.

I do love the sound of an inline six. But not when it's been neutered.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Patman, you could of saved a bundle with a Malibu !

Ummmmm - ...... Patman hasn't weighed in here yet
grin2.gif

I'd also like to know why you'd buy a Z looking for refinement? It's like buying an RX-7 or first gen Legacy GT spec B for refinement in that there is none but people love them because they go fast and handle and look good while doing so.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by Ws6

Why then did you buy one?

Because in 2012, it was par.

Originally Posted by GZRider
I'd also like to know why you'd buy a Z looking for refinement? It's like buying an RX-7 or first gen Legacy GT spec B for refinement in that there is none but people love them because they go fast and handle and look good while doing so.

Well, handling was terrible, and the transmission ground, and the power-steering whined like a supercharger. The brakes warped badly but I blame the dealership for over-torquing the lug nuts, as when they did it by hand I stopped having to replace rotors every 500mi. Yes, Nissan NA got involved, yes I got refunded some monies, yes it was a huge fiasco. Anyway, the first three, grinding transmission, whining steering, and bad handling, were my issues.

On later Z's, I hear they revised the shocks to give better rebound control. Mine was like an atomic pogo-stick. Ev3ery time you hit a mid-corner bump, the rear end danced sideways a few inches. Never had a sports car do that while cruising at 70 before. Also, on the highway, sometimes it would hit a bump and it would bounce so bad traction control kicked in and cruise control came off. Again. Not a normal thing for my Z06 or my F-bodies or any other car I've had.

The only thing I can say it did well was look good. And it did. Inside and out.

Originally Posted by Ws6

You'd probably be able to buy 2 370Zs for the price of one Supra, and have similar power and close enough performance. One can say that 370Z lacks refinement, but if the Supra is more expensive than every one of its competitors, it's not going to help. My G37 has been my daily driver for years, refined or not. I had refinement - a Town Car.

Originally Posted by Garak
Originally Posted by Ws6

You'd probably be able to buy 2 370Zs for the price of one Supra, and have similar power and close enough performance. One can say that 370Z lacks refinement, but if the Supra is more expensive than every one of its competitors, it's not going to help. My G37 has been my daily driver for years, refined or not. I had refinement - a Town Car.

Yes, and you can buy 3 b18 civics with turbo kits for the price of 1 370z...

Or 2 z06s for the price of 1 Huracan

Or 2 dodge 1500s instead of 1 ford raptor.

I mean...how is this an argument for anyone not in highschool? The Supra is in another league from the 370z. Just because the 0-120 is similar doesn't mean they are comparable. Now, Im not a fan of the new Supra, nor would I ever buy one, but I'm not going to be unfair to it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back