1932 Maytag 92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice!
My machinist uncle made a rideable baby tractor from the old Maytag engine leftover when his parents got electricity, a model A transmission, sheet metal, and random scrounged hardware. Painted it John Deere green.

I absolutely love 2 stroke engines of all sorts. Thanks!!!

A high school friend had a basement full of such things, so I knew what it was immediately. However, I've not seen one in 40 years.

Originally Posted by wings&wheels
Oil & gas, 16:1 ratio. Keeps away mosquitos and some people.

lol.gif

I saw one of these recently at a local antique engine show I went to. Very neat little engines! I like the kick start.

My next door neighbor has almost the same exact engine. He's got his hooked up to an ice cream maker. He gets it out several times a year.

When the neighborhood hears it running, in a few hours everyone ends up in his front yard at a nice social gathering

Originally Posted by Phishin
My next door neighbor has almost the same exact engine. He's got his hooked up to an ice cream maker. He gets it out several times a year.

When the neighborhood hears it running, in a few hours everyone ends up in his front yard at a nice social gathering

Hmmm...might have to give this a try

He's got his hooked up to an ice cream maker.

And just like that... I found a new piece of machinery I need to acquire.
lol.gif

Originally Posted by jeepman3071
He's got his hooked up to an ice cream maker.

And just like that... I found a new piece of machinery I need to acquire.
lol.gif

It's actually a really cool thing to see working....

I hope this summer, I'm home when he gets it out and I can take a video...and eat ice cream until my head explodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back