Toyota oil filters are pricing me out,what are the alternatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i recently ran out of of my case of Toyota oem 90915-yzzd3 oil filters and was calling around and internet browsing to buy a new case or get a deal on some new filters, most all dealers are selling the filters for $7.50 a piece but all I need is a good 5k mile oil filter that's more reasonable price that can get the job done as good as the OEM and preferably be able to purchase locally. im considering using the motorcraft FL400 or smaller equivalent that fits my 2.7l engine at Walmart which is about $4.00, any other recommendations? also I do know that the OEM Toyotas are a fantastic filter but the prices just keep going up above the fact that my truck has a factory rec'd 5k mile OCI and don't need to spend a lot of money on a over priced filter that's really rated as a 10k mile ++ OCI.

Have you looked on Amazon or Ebay? Quick look showed $4.60 if I bought a case of 10. Link I didn't look on Ebay or even looked for cheapest cost.

Last edited:
yes ive looked at them online im pretty sure they are for the YZZD1 filters which I can use but by the time they tack on shipping and tax will probably end up being more, last time I bought this last case of the yzzd3 it was $40 shipped which is a great deal I really don't think its necessary to spend over $5 per filter when im only running 5k mile OCIs, I just got a local dealership selling them for $4.99 a piece with tax and a coupon buy 4 get one free im going to get them its the best I can find, im really leaning towards other brands that are good quality filters, reasonable cost, locally bought, and can do the job. I also contacted another dealer selling the oems for $7.95 a piece and no price break for buying by the case, no way.

Last edited:
That crosses to a Fram PH3614, and Wix 51348.

I'd get a Napa 21348 for 5k oil change intervals, or just run the Toyota filters for 10k with a good synthetic. Been running the Toyota filters with Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 for 10k OCI on a friend's 2008 Taco with the 4.0 and it has been working well.

Toyota filters are great filters. I have seem many Toyotas with over 300,000 miles running quick lube oil and filters.

It must vary from dealer to dealer? We just bought two oil filters from our Toyota dealer (Muncie, IN) and they were around 4 dollars apiece!

Originally Posted by JC1
Check Rockauto or Ebay.

I order oil filters from RockAuto.com 6 to 12 at a time .

For our GM cars .

Nobody likes to pay too much for an item, but $7.50 every 5 k is pricing you out? The examples shown are in the $3-4 range, so the real difference is something like $4. spread out over maybe 6 months.

$7.50 for a filter and you are complaining? This expense will occur probably twice a year and this will send you into financial ruin? Let's get serious!
spankme2.gif

https://www.ebay.com/itm/90915-YZZD3-Qty-10-Toyota-Lexus-Oil-Filters-With-Drain-Plug-Gaskets/252829995054?epid=658723922&hash=item3addd7902e:g:07UAAOSwmrlU07KP:sc:USPSPriority!98126!US!-1

$45 shipped

Concelli usually sells them for $35 shipped thru ebay but they do not have any current listings. Perhaps you can contact them?

im going with this deal next time if still available, conicelli toyota

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Rolla07
Napa Proselect would be my choice. If I dont use OEM Toyota I have used proselects with no issues.
i'll check these out thanx

UPDATE: so I went over to TEAM TOYOTA Princeton,NJ parts after talking to the parts guy on the telephone he said he sells all sizes OEM Toyota oil filters for $4.99 a piece and told me there was a coupon buy 4 filters get the 5th free which I printed out and was headed over to get that deal, when I got there told the guy I called about the deal and said he remembered me, I restated that the price was $4.99 a piece and had the coupon too he then said that he couldn't honor both discounts
mad.gif
now if I wanted to use the coupon the price is now $5.50 per filter plus tax or I could just buy single filters for $4.99 plus tax. I bought 2 filters for total $10.65 and left. Im definetly either going to Walmart or NAPA or Conicelli online next time.

Originally Posted by jeepman3071
That crosses to a Fram PH3614, and Wix 51348.

I'd get a Napa 21348 for 5k oil change intervals, or just run the Toyota filters for 10k with a good synthetic. Been running the Toyota filters with Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 for 10k OCI on a friend's 2008 Taco with the 4.0 and it has been working well.
thanx, mines a 5k mile OCI 2.7l 2013 Tacoma, I would agree to use the OEM Toyota filters for a longer 10 OCI b ut in my case the shorter interval doesn't justify using the expensive OEM filters unless I can get them around $5 per filter although I do feel that they are of higher quality but not if they are going for $7.50 -$ 8.00 plus tax locally. I did notice Walmart now sells OEM Toyota oil filters about $7 out the door with tax.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back