Another SCORE !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man am I on a ROLL this year lol !!!

This Saturday I FINALLY found a buyer for my beater '05 Z71 silverado, got tired of the low pressure/knocking engine, saging driver door, NO A/C. Since my mechanic guys were to busy to fix the issues with it, it had to GO !! lol And still shocked I got $2500 for it !!! lol Thing had 285K miles !!! I only paid $2800 for it last spring lol

So same day I sold the Z71, I found a STUPID good deal on FB marketplace listed within 2 hours I viewed it !!

It was a rare low prod model, '03 Silverado 1500HD 2WD, 6.0 LQ4/4L80E, Crew cab with only 175K miles, COLD A/C, 1 owner, RUST free Arkansas truck !! For only $3800 cash out the door, tax and title included !!!

Truck was out in middle of nowhere dealership/ranch eastern Oklahoma 3 hours from the city and I was the first one to actually drive out and see it lol

Interior/Body is clean, But needs usual TLC for a truck its age, Shocks, tune up, fluids, Brakes, filters changed. But HEY no body damage, Tires are good, NO RUST and a new water pump already installed WOO HOO !!

Has that typical cluster gauge issue that all of these have. Local guy rebuilds for $100 !!

Still deciding what oil to run in this rig ?? I have so many flavors to choose from....................Hmmmmmmm ???

Was thinking some Premiumshell 10W30 @ 3000K OCI to flush out old oil crap and when summer is over switching over to M1 5W30 ??

Dave

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice truck, I'd much rather have an older used truck for hauling stuff than a glamorous $50k+ truck.

Awesome truck. I love the 05 Silverado 1500 I drive every day for work in construction layout. Very tough and reliable trucks.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
Nice truck, I'd much rather have an older used truck for hauling stuff than a glamorous $50k+ truck.

Bingo !!! I just needed a basic rig for a few months to move some of my parts inventory around and have to make a big load drop off next month to Houston. The 6.6FT bed helps
smile.gif

I was just looking for a basic 1500 Crew cab as a work truck nothing more, But it being the HD model with the HD 3/4 ton suspension, front end and drive train just SEALED THE DEAL on it
wink.gif

$50K-75K truck is when I win the lotto LOL HAHA

Dave

Man I'm jealous. I love that color. Other than the square body chevy's, those are my favorite. I might get one as a winter beater, gonna have to travel though since everything turns to rust up here and people want 6k for their rust buckets.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Skippy722
Man I'm jealous. I love that color. Other than the square body chevy's, those are my favorite. I might get one as a winter beater, gonna have to travel though since everything turns to rust up here and people want 6k for their rust buckets.

Oh ya I know about BAD rust lol. I grew up in Chicago/NW burbs also
wink.gif

It was hilarious every time I drove up my Oklahoma rigs for holidays, Car dealer/Flippers I visited or did business with in Chicago always offering to buy them lol

And i'm surprised you like green ?? Not my thing, I prefer Silver or Black. But once again for the price I paid. Green it was lol

Dave

Good looking truck! Only thing missing (to me) is 4wd, but I doubt you need that where you live. Quite frankly I'm not used to seeing this era of truck with the rockers still there!
lol.gif

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Gotta love it when a guy is excited about only 175K miles! Never understood the 1500HD model but with the 6.0 and HD suspension who cares?

Me either … has the mechanicals that make it a 2500 … what's missing ?

Nice truck. Is that clear coat damage on the bed?

Your oil change plan seems reasonable to me. Cut open the oil filters to see what's in side and post them here.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 4WD
Originally Posted by AZjeff
Gotta love it when a guy is excited about only 175K miles! Never understood the 1500HD model but with the 6.0 and HD suspension who cares?

Me either … has the mechanicals that make it a 2500 … what's missing ?

Good looking truck. Can't go wrong with a 6.0/4L80E

So the 2500 became the 1500HD, which is not a 2500HD

The 2500HD is a 9200lbs gross weight truck, the 1500HD is a 8600lbs gross weight truck.

The Frame is different from the in the rear section of the 1500HD, it is smaller.

The 2500HD 6.0/4L80E is a full floating American Axle 10.5 inch 14 bolt rear end. While the 2500/1500HD had a 9.5 inch semi floater rear end.

Last edited:
I run 10W-30 Mobil 1 in my 2002 6.0 and Dex/Merc in the transmission.

I tow 7500 to 8000lbs about 3000 to 4000 miles a year. I change the oil every year. I do the rear diff. every 15k just to get the moisture out of it.

For the transmission I do the following. I drain the pan the first year and add 4 quarts, 2nd year I drop the pan, change the filter, and add 4 quarts, 3rd year I do a complete swap and filter change.
I then repeat. I never see trans temps above 210 even when pulling the passes in 100 degree heat. (I did put a larger cooler on it) The transmission fluid is never dirty or burnt. I like it that way. Cheap insurance when I am towing 32 feet of trailer in the desert of
central Washington.

I am due for a coolant change, just changed the power steering fluid. Truck probably gets over maintained but worth it.

Originally Posted by Delta
Good looking truck! Only thing missing (to me) is 4wd, but I doubt you need that where you live. Quite frankly I'm not used to seeing this era of truck with the rockers still there!
lol.gif

My 02 doesn't have a spot of rust. Thank you Washington for the limited amount of snow and not using salt on the roads.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Those are great trucks, you did well. I drove my company's '04 ext cab 4x4 1500 for seven trouble-free years (except for the gauge cluster).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back