LiquiMoly 5W30 #2039, 3021 Miles, 07 Honda S2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first time doing an UOA on any car I've owned and first time posting on here. Just posting this here as a record and for others as information if helpful at all
grin.gif

Basically around 47k Miles I replaced my cam chain tensioner or timing chain tensioner as a preventative maintenance as the OEM units are known to go bad on the F20C/F22C1. I decided to go with a Ballade Sports replacement unit and little did I know that their product was defective. It over tensioned my chain and caused the idler bolt that holds the gear which drives the chain to explode into pieces.

I was very fortunate as upon inspection there was no major damage to the motor however I did have to replace that idler bolt and the gear that holds the chain. So I replaced everything in that area including new chain and guides as well. This time I went with a chain tensioner made by a well known member on the SK2I forums.

For the first few hundred miles after the part replacement I ran a 30/70 mix of Lucas ZDDP 30 weight oil and 5W30 Phillips 66 Syn Blend oil to clean out the engine as a precautionary thing. The motor and the intake is stock. Mainly city driving and it took me a year and a half to put 3021 miles on the car. I also added LiquiMoly Mos2 additive.

Thanks for looking!

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Thanks. Do you use my favourite Asian car filter** the PCX-004 Filtech by any chance?

**Fits most Asian cars w/ the exception of Toyota

Great looking UOA report. If that were my car, I think the wear metals would show a little higher
lol.gif
. That's a sweet ride you got there. What color is it?

Ray

Exactly I was scared that the metal wear would be higher. I think right now the Iron is from the new chain and steel components breaking in. It is Laguna blue pearl.

Originally Posted by xDoodles
This is my first time doing an UOA on any car I've owned and first time posting on here. Just posting this here as a record and for others as information if helpful at all
grin.gif

Basically around 47k Miles I replaced my cam chain tensioner or timing chain tensioner as a preventative maintenance as the OEM units are known to go bad on the F20C/F22C1. I decided to go with a Ballade Sports replacement unit and little did I know that their product was defective. It over tensioned my chain and caused the idler bolt that holds the gear which drives the chain to explode into pieces.

I was very fortunate as upon inspection there was no major damage to the motor however I did have to replace that idler bolt and the gear that holds the chain. So I replaced everything in that area including new chain and guides as well. This time I went with a chain tensioner made by a well known member on the SK2I forums.

For the first few hundred miles after the part replacement I ran a 30/70 mix of Lucas ZDDP 30 weight oil and 5W30 Phillips 66 Syn Blend oil to clean out the engine as a precautionary thing. The motor and the intake is stock. Mainly city driving and it took me a year and a half to put 3021 miles on the car. I also added LiquiMoly Mos2 additive.

Thanks for looking!

You never mentioned how much Liqui-Moly used.
I use 6-7oz in a five quart engine. My purchased bottle of Liqui-Moly is 20oz. One bottle will treat my 2.4 GDI for three OCIs.

Originally Posted by xDoodles
I used the entire bottle and the car takes about 5.1 quarts of oil.

Did you notice all the graphite-like presence in it? That's what it reminded me of anyways.
Your 2oz per quart application is just a little over their 1.67oz recommendation..... no big deal.

I bought two bottles and will stretch it for three OCIs (6.5oz/6.5oz/7oz). My 2.4GDI also holds 5.1qts.

Last edited:
I did notice the graphite like presence at first but after a few hundred miles I stopped seeing it on my dipstick.

Switching to full synthetic and this Moly Treatment has quieted my 2.4GDI engine. Gonna' do 4-5K OCIs (every six months). My wife is now retired. So less daily miles are expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back