Interstate batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were great. I suspect they're now made in Mexico for the same price.

I'd go East Penn myself...

I put one in the wife's Buick a couple years ago. My electronic battery tester still shows it SOH (state of health) at 100%.

Plus Costco stands behind everything they sell.

If you use a Costco visa for this purchase, they add an additional 12 months to the warranty period.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by daz
Oh, by the way....do they sell them activated and charged?

They sell them ready to go. The SOC (state of charge) might be a bit low, but a quick top off on a charger can correct that. Or, just take a nice drive to charge it up.

Originally Posted by JHZR2

I heard Interstate made by East Penn. NAPA too. Ever heard of Deka?

I used to be a avid Interstate customer......That's NO longer the case! I've switched to Continental & have been very pleased with the performance & longevity!

Originally Posted by Randy_R
Originally Posted by JHZR2

I heard Interstate made by East Penn. NAPA too. Ever heard of Deka?

Interstate buys batteries from all the big manufacturers, so you have to check on the specific model. Most Deka (if not all) are made by East Penn.

D@mn, i thought a friend has a costco card but he said his expired and he's not looking to get another. Any other ideas for a retired guy living on a tiny SS check for a battery that won't die in a year or 2 anywhere near that interstate price?

Last edited:
Interstate is just a distributor. Depending on the type, it could be made by any of the 3 major manufacturers and each manufacturer has their own set of lines so you can get good ones or bad ones depending on which line you end up buying.

As for Costco, they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. There's usually various Costco promos on membership, but you could always buy a membership, then cancel afterwards to get all your money back. Once you have a Costco membership, you could also buy gift cards and that gets you into the store and allows you to buy things without actually being a member. It's somewhat of a pain though because they have to bring some manager over once they realize you don't have a membership card to process the gift card.

interstate , good batteries just over priced. Myself have been using batteries from rural king suppose to be exide , no problems and priced a lot cheaper

Brand is good but it is your basic battery with a minimal CCA rating(500) which is about as low as it gets and explains the low cost. Make sure it atleast meets the specs for your engine. In S.Cal. you may be fine but up north, who knows?

Last edited:
Walmart is your friend. I have purchased batteries all sorts of places, and the dirty truth is there are only a handful of companies making them. The same exact battery is sold under many different labels. The Walmart price is the every day lowest, and they have a large selection. Walmart also has the best returns, in my experience, if for some reason you get a battery that isn't right. Every vehicle I own has a Walmart battery in it, including my boat. I typically rotate them out of the vehicle every 5 years and they are still working fine at that point. Take them to Walmart to cover the core charge on a new set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back