Another oil recommendation, 2.0 EcoBoost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ka9mnx
It says on the bottle SN+ and Dexos1 Gen2. That says a lot more than a blanket statement of "deposit fighter".

I was also under the impression that meeting d1g2 insured that the product was tested for LSPI prevention in today's smaller turbo engines......

Originally Posted by pbm
It says on the bottle SN+ and Dexos1 Gen2. That says a lot more than a blanket statement of "deposit fighter".

I was also under the impression that meeting d1g2 insured that the product was tested for LSPI prevention in today's smaller turbo engines......

Lets put this in a different weigh & measure category.
There are 200 kids graduating from high school and each passes - gets their certification / diploma. Some are maximum-smart and some minimum-smart.
Are you going to buy / hire the minimum-smart guy on resume/interview (C-average) to manage your store, or the maximum-smart (A-average)? Both have identical certs for past education.

If you are using the Supertech report card, then you must have graduated with C's, not A's. You are obviously not interested in buying the better product, as advertised on the label for cleaning power. You prefer to buy the window cleaner that does not advertise or profess a clean window after application.

To each his own. Buy the less expensive, less advertised-to-work C Grade. Hope you enjoy it.
Done here. Actually done forever on this subject. I don't care if you like the subpar oils. But if you say (in the future here) that Supertech mirros Pennzoil in cleaning power, then you cheated in high school to get that C-Grade. You deserved an F-Grade.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by KoolG6
Well I want to thank the guys got the recommendation I got for the wife's Rogue, should last many long miles on the Mobil 1

Now my car needs one... I'm running a 2016 2.0 EcoBoost AWD Fusion... 75,000kms on it. Lots of short trips with some longer ones every week or so... I drive harder then the wife drives her rogue as well lol
Only put 15,000 kms on it last 15 months as well, I'm 3 minutes from work so there is the short trips. Last 3 to 4 Oil changes I was running PUP 5w30 but hearing it's not the best for lspi I want to try something better.

What would you guys recommend?

lol.gif
Stick with the PUP, just wasting money paying for more expensive oil.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by pbm

Lets put this in a different weigh & measure category.
There are 200 kids graduating from high school and each passes - gets their certification / diploma. Some are maximum-smart and some minimum-smart.
Are you going to buy / hire the minimum-smart guy on resume/interview (C-average) to manage your store, or the maximum-smart (A-average)? Both have identical certs for past education.

If you are using the Supertech report card, then you must have graduated with C's, not A's. You are obviously not interested in buying the better product, as advertised on the label for cleaning power. You prefer to buy the window cleaner that does not advertise or profess a clean window after application.

To each his own. Buy the less expensive, less advertised-to-work C Grade. Hope you enjoy it.
Done here. Actually done forever on this subject. I don't care if you like the subpar oils. But if you say (in the future here) that Supertech mirros Pennzoil in cleaning power, then you cheated in high school to get that C-Grade. You deserved an F-Grade.

Once again you have proven your knowledge and understanding is below the C average student. There is no extra credit it's a simple pass or fail. Your posts have demonstrated you have fallen for marketing and the advertising is nothing more then being the first the motor oil preformed like all others which passed certification. Man it must be nice to be so naive.

Originally Posted by benjy
5,000 miles is good + change at the end of winter then 6 months again reguardless of miles, i do my aunts jeep cherokee every 6 months with less than 2 thou on it as almost all short trips. super-tech 10-30 synthetic + a wix works well

That's basically my problem I put little miles on in 6 months... It might take from today till this day next year to put on 8000 kms... Not sure what I should do for OCI... 6 months I might put 4000kms maybe 5. Many short trips but seems low for such good oil

Originally Posted by KoolG6
Originally Posted by benjy
5,000 miles is good + change at the end of winter then 6 months again reguardless of miles, i do my aunts jeep cherokee every 6 months with less than 2 thou on it as almost all short trips. super-tech 10-30 synthetic + a wix works well

That's basically my problem I put little miles on in 6 months... It might take from today till this day next year to put on 8000 kms... Not sure what I should do for OCI... 6 months I might put 4000kms maybe 5. Many short trips but seems low for such good oil

Although not necessary...... Buy a strong oil like Ultra Platinum or Castrol/Mobil-1 EP and change once a year.

Last edited:
I've been boonswaggled! My bottle of oil doesn't say anything about transferring heat away from critical engine components. As a result my engine overheated and seized! Next time I'll buy a bottle of oil that says it lubricates and transfers heat. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back