Plumbing question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Farnsworth and BigD1. Things like Q-Tips, pencils, and toothbrushes often get stuck horizontally on the ridges of the toilet outlet hole. There is a chance that the glasses are still in the toilet despite the 30 gallons of water you sent down the drain!

A wax seal is very cheap. Best of luck to your fishing expedition, whichever route you choose.

index.php

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
Try to visualize if the glasses are small enough to get through the trap. The curves are seen on the toilet outside, usually. I think they probably are in the toilet trap. If toilet is removed maybe they can be found.

+1

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Wondering how someone legally blind doesn't have a back-up pair or 3.....

At least if you find them in the toilet trap they're clean after 30 gallons of water.....or not.

She loses everything!

Try to visualize if the glasses are small enough to get through the trap. The curves are seen on the toilet outside, usually. I think they probably are in the toilet trap. If toilet is removed maybe they can be found.

You win! Since my wife can't see her little cousin and I removed the toilet. They were stuck in the zigzags in it. I was able to get them out with a coat hanger. Now we are cleaning them.

Originally Posted by Chris142

You win! Since my wife can't see her little cousin and I removed the toilet. They were stuck in the zigzags in it. I was able to get them out with a coat hanger. Now we are cleaning them.

Good to hear. Beats fishing for them in the septic tank.

Originally Posted by Danno
Zenni optical if you need to get new glasses. Been buying through them for at least 15 years.

+1

Another Zinni Optical fan here.

Originally Posted by Sierra048
Zenni optical if you need to get new glasses. Been buying through them for at least 15 years.

+1

Another Zinni Optical fan here.

Oh yeah … wife and daughter were spending way too much on eyewear even with insurance … this company has saved the day for the three of us …

Another vote to remove toilet. I fixed the flushing problem of a local daycare center here because a kid had flushed a small comb down the stool and it wouldn't go through. I had an underwater camera to view it stuck inside, but couldn't get it out. That lady owes me big-time!

Love Zenni. I think my pair was around $17.

They take weeks to arrive!

One more dumb question. The wax seal. Are they all the same? Or are there different sizes?

There's a normal one and an oversized one. The oversized is a safe bet.

Originally Posted by eljefino
One more dumb question. The wax seal. Are they all the same? Or are there different sizes?

There's a normal one and an oversized one. The oversized is a safe bet.

+1

Also get some new break away toilet bolts.

I like the wax seal with the rubber insert though most plumbers according to the plumbing supply use just the plain wax seal.

I didn't know they had two sizes. I used one size for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back