Mobil 1 oil filter made in KOREA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased some Mobil 1 oil filters from Walmart on clearance for $3.00 each which is very reasonable. They fit our 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with a 3.6 engine. I noticed after I got home the say made in Korea on the filter. Are these real Mobil 1 filters and are they any good?

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
I would buy a Korean product over one made in China any day.

That makes me feel better. I bought about a dozen of those filters.

I cannot locate Korea on a map? Not in my lifetime so far....I've seen it written or stamped before.

Quite a few filter brands are made in Korea, not anything I would worry about (and don't I bought a few of the M1 clearance filters, as well as a few other MIK filters).

Originally Posted by Onetor
I cannot locate Korea on a map? Not in my lifetime so far....I've seen it written or stamped before.

Here.

Korea.jpg

Originally Posted by joekingcorvette
I just purchased some Mobil 1 oil filters from Walmart on clearance for $3.00 each which is very reasonable. They fit our 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with a 3.6 engine. I noticed after I got home the say made in Korea on the filter. Are these real Mobil 1 filters and are they any good?

I bought a bunch of them from WMT on clearance too, Korean made. Fram Ultras I have for the 3.6 Pentastar are made in Korea as well. Both filters are fine.

I'm sorry ...

A lot of cartridge filters seem to be Korean

The Fram Ultra for that application is also Korean. Fortunately, the Wix XP/Napa Platinum is US-made

Originally Posted by joekingcorvette
Yes, they are real. If you go to the link below, enter your vehicle information then click on M1C-456A second thumbnail pic option shows cartridge with coo on it.

As opposed to spin on type from same manufacturer(s), many cartridge applications have off shore coo, generally either S. Korea or China.

http://www.showmetheparts.com/mobil/

relax, they're from SOUTH Korea. our friends. (my buddy's little Brother is getting deployed there shortly.)

not made by 'lil kim's nation of brainwashed slaves.
(though I do wonder how many things "made in China" are really made in DPRK....)

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
I would buy a Korean product over one made in China any day.

And probably just as good as made in Japan. Think Honda vs. Hyundai. Or another way to look at it, Japan is to Korea when auto parts quality is concerned as USA is to Canada.

I cannot locate Korea on a map?

Are you a result of the American educational system? Do you think you need a passport to travel to New Mexico?

So, who makes Mobil 1 filters these days? Is it still Champion Laboratories? I've read several posts saying they are made by FRAM.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. It looks like I got the real deal and they are not fake filters or anything. $3.00 each at Walmart on clearance and I cleared them out. I should have enough filters to last the lifetime of the Jeep. I also scored 8 quarts of valvoline full synthetic 0W-20 for $3.00 per quart on the same day so it was a double bonus for me.

Originally Posted by AuthorEditor
So, who makes Mobil 1 filters these days? Is it still Champion Laboratories? I've read several posts saying they are made by FRAM.
At least in the spin on type, still Champ Labs. During the brief Fram Champ alliance there was some name (Fram Filtration) overlap on some of the 'made for' filter brands, though construction still indicated who was really making the filters, eg., fiber endcaps, ecores, metal endcaps. When it comes to the cartridge type Champ 'may' sub out manufacture, thus the coo.

As an aside, you been on vacation awhile. In meantime your testing of the Puro flat spring bypass design has been referenced and linked several times. It's a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back