Rock Song Or Band Your Tired Of Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything by Queen

Ever since that movie came out, the GF can't stop playing it.
It's like they are all finally realizing the music was awesome.

...something most of us already knew!
mad.gif

Originally Posted by rubberchicken
Originally Posted by Skippy722
Volbeat... ugh. I hate when Octane plays that awful "Lola Montez" song.

OMG your old as dirt- Volbeat is crazy good. Lola Montez is not high on my list, but almost everything else is great.

I'm not even old enough to rent a full size sedan at Enterprise
lol.gif

Originally Posted by rubberchicken
Volbeat... ugh. I hate when Octane plays that awful "Lola Montez" song.

OMG your old as dirt- Volbeat is crazy good. Lola Montez is not high on my list, but almost everything else is great.

I'm not even old enough to rent a full size sedan at Enterprise
lol.gif

OMG "your" so old if they rented you a car you'd drive it through a storefront while blasting Glycerine by Bush
lol.gif
(assuming you even know that song!)

Originally Posted by Warstud
Are there any Rock Songs or Bands your just flat out tired of hearing on the radio?

Even though I like the song "Paradise City" by Guns N Roses it's really getting old and I usually change the station when it comes on.

You

I am so sick of all the overplay Queen still gets on the radio.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Anything by Queen

Ever since that movie came out, the GF can't stop playing it.
It's like they are all finally realizing the music was awesome.

...something most of us already knew!
mad.gif

^This, +100. I used to be able to tolerate Queen. Back in the day, I even remember purchasing the "Jazz" album. But since the movie came out, the local classic rock station really overplayed all songs by Queen and my coworker saw the movie and is now a big Queen fan. The radio station and my co-worker has ruined any love that I used to have for the band Queen. I now can't stand them.

Off idea I had a while back, maybe some of y'all can point me in the right direction to make it work....
I'm enough of a "Weird Al" nerd, that if a song he's parodyed comes on, my brain starts the parody instead...

I want to make a radio that would do the same. It detects the song, and filters in the "Weird Al" version.
I have his entire oeuvre, in mp3 format... And the best I can come up with for the detection would involve monitoring the rds stream... But that's as far as my skill level goes....

Last edited:
1. Heart.
2. Boston.
3. Elton John (especially Crocodile Rock).
All of the corporate "classic rock" radio stations have been playing songs from them hourly for years on end. If you think that I'm exaggerating, tune in to one of these radio stations and time how long it takes for them to play something from one of these three, it usually only takes about 20-30 minutes. I used to like them but the radio stations have "worn me out". This is why I don't listen to classic rock radio stations anymore.
4. Queen, A night at the Opera. I never liked this album.
5. Three Dog Night, Joy to the world. "Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea"... GAG!

I listen to very little music on the radio these days. As already mentioned, the stations either play the same short list of songs repeatedly or they play popular hits that have been re-recorded by other bands. Computers drive most radio stations nowadays.

This topic is why I don't mind the XM cost.

I see a lot of classic rock bands listen in this thread. If I'm forced to listen to FM, that's usually what I end up listening to. Repeating those 500 (or whatever) songs over and over is fine by me.

When I'm not in control of the music, like when wife and/or child are, I notice every song is Panic! At The Disco, Post Malone, or Ariana Grande. I believe there has to be numerous pop artists out there, but for some reason those stations play these same artists every song. Surely there must be something else to play.

Originally Posted by SevenBizzos
When I'm not in control of the music, like when wife and/or child are, I notice every song is Panic! At The Disco, Post Malone, or Ariana Grande. I believe there has to be numerous pop artists out there, but for some reason those stations play these same artists every song. Surely there must be something else to play.
Different stations, different cities, different formats, but the same corporations running the same playlist loop recordings at dozens of radio stations nationwide. Think of them as Muzak with commercials. They make corporate royalty deals that allow them to play certain songs as many times as they want at as many radio stations as they want, indefinitely.

Originally Posted by dishdude

OMG "your" so old if they rented you a car you'd drive it through a storefront while blasting Glycerine by Bush
lol.gif
(assuming you even know that song!)

Hey now, that song is perfectly okay!

Based on what I am subjected to at work.

AC/DC
Aerosmith
Van Halen

Strangely never get tired of Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by Warstud
Are there any Rock Songs or Bands your just flat out tired of hearing on the radio?

Even though I like the song "Paradise City" by Guns N Roses it's really getting old and I usually change the station when it comes on.

You

I am so sick of all the overplay Queen still gets on the radio.

+1

I rarely listen to anything other than NPR on the radio when driving these days since the ratio of mindless talk full of sexual innuendo to music is simply too high.
There was a time when there were progressive stations in every city that played some new stuff from bands you hadn't heard of before.
That's all gone now and one mainly finds playlists composed of standards from the last four decades with a little new stuff mixed in.
The new stuff that people actually like gets played to death.
I liked "Sawed Off Shotgun" the first dozen or so times I heard it but I could go years without hearing it again, just as an example.

Song or Band you're tired of hearing?? Just about anything played by format radio stations whose station ID includes a tagline like "70s, 80s, 90s and Beyond"...which says they play dinosaur rock with an occasional topical or recently popular hit thrown in. "Bohemian Rhapsody" or "Fat Bottomed Girls" now gets played twice in a two hour rotation instead of once, etc. It's unfortunate that today radio is about ad dollars and providing background music for work and computer streaming is about listening.

If I look at my local market, the only real varied choices are streaming channels like KCSM...which is noted for being one of the best jazz stations in the country and their KCSMEclectic24 which plays a real spectrum. IMO, XM radio is only a little less formulaic than broadcast radio but you can at least confine it it to genres or programs you want to listen to instead every Top 40 hit from 1973-1983. So, "all of the above" might be close to the answer depending on your radio market.

While technically more Pop than Rock, the one song that I truly can't stand is "Muskrat Love" by the Captain and Tennille. They would play that all the time back in the day and on the rare occasions it comes on these days I can't reach for the volume knob quick enough. I apologize in advance to anyone who gets the earworm from my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back