Plumbing question

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife flushed her glasses down the toilet! I immediately went outside to the clean out. I put a screen in the pipe. I then poured about 30 gallons of water down the toilet. I used a bucket full of water. I did not catch anything in my screen.

When flushed does the "stuff" go immediately into the septic tank? Or does it slowly move down the pipe with each flush?

Depends on how long the pipe is to the tank. If it was put in correctly with the figured out amount of slope, yes by the time you got there it was too late. You want the "stuff" to float with the flush water.

Originally Posted by oldhp
Depends on how long the pipe is to the tank. If it was put in correctly with the figured out amount of slope, yes by the time you got there it was too late. You want the "stuff" to float with the flush water.

About 30 ft

Originally Posted by PimTac
If they are metal frames you could tie a magnet to some fishing line, open up that tank and go trolling.

yep go fishing
grin2.gif

Just go fishing lol.
I wouldn't worry about my germs , it's the other guys germs I have a problem with.
lol.gif

Last edited:
Try to visualize if the glasses are small enough to get through the trap. The curves are seen on the toilet outside, usually. I think they probably are in the toilet trap. If toilet is removed maybe they can be found.

Originally Posted by rollinpete
I would my germs don't bother me, it's the other guys germs I have a problem with.
lol.gif

My wife is legally blind with out them! She can't see a thing. Can't drive,can't read etc. If I can find them I would wash them well,spray with lysol, maybe even run them in the dishwasher.

Some times stuff like that will get stuck in the toilet. You can pull the toilet, and give it a shake or two to see if anything is rattling around. Just back flush it with a water hose until it comes out the way it went in. When my kids were growing up, I had to retrieve various items. One that stands out was a very expensive bottle of perfume.

Originally Posted by Chris142
Originally Posted by rollinpete
I would my germs don't bother me, it's the other guys germs I have a problem with.
lol.gif

My wife is legally blind with out them! She can't see a thing. Can't drive,can't read etc. If I can find them I would wash them well,spray with lysol, maybe even run them in the dishwasher.

Exactly now you have to find them.
hmmm

+2 take the toilet off. You'll need a new wax ring but they're $1.50. And it's as good a time as any to clean and fix the floor underneath.

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
Try to visualize if the glasses are small enough to get through the trap. The curves are seen on the toilet outside, usually. I think they probably are in the toilet trap. If toilet is removed maybe they can be found.

I think they are too. Just pull the toilet and bust the toilet open with a hammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back