Fred’s Premium Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever ever ran this? I wasn't planning on it. Just saw it and was curious. Like Supertech and other store brands, looks like Warren makes this. This particular location only had 10w-30 and 10w-40. $1.50/quart!

Apologies for the sideways pics, not sure how to fix that.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Made by Warren, I'd be willing to say that it's a match for ST in quality.

Too bad the closest one is 700 miles from me... and also too bad that Fred's is closing so many locations!

Originally Posted by JLTD
Made by Warren, I'd be willing to say that it's a match for ST in quality. ...
It's from the other Warren, Warren Oil, NOT the same Warren that brews ST. Still, it's likely fine for what it claims to be. I've used Fred's conventional, and also Rural King's former "RK" branded synthetic (i.e., not their Harvest King made by Citgo) that was also made by Warren Oil.

Originally Posted by dave1251
$1.50 I have a home for it. But Fred's is no where to be found around here.

Be thankful
There's a good reason why their closing stores everywhere

Warren Oil blends fine oils like you stated. There are some that are Dexos approved. And they were early on the 0w16 oils being brought to market.

I bet they get their base oils from either ExxonMobil and or Shell... And additives from Afton or Lubrizol or Infineium.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by OnTheRocks
It has the API starburst and donut.

Krispy Kreme has doughnuts to and there much hotter and tastier to !!

Originally Posted by kstanf150
... There's a good reason why their closing stores everywhere
They're (not "their"!) squeezed between Walmart and Dollar General.

Last edited:
Yep... found it here for $1.99 a qt. ... last run was over 6,300 miles using a 50/50 mix of 5w20 / 5w30 in a hwy driven Hyundai... good to go ! Using all 5w30 at present for this run...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by OnTheRocks
It has the API starburst and donut.

Krispy Kreme has doughnuts to and there much hotter and tastier to !!

+1

Originally Posted by CR94
... There's a good reason why their closing stores everywhere
They're (not "their"!) squeezed between Walmart and Dollar General.

THEY'RE is that better now ?????
Maybe Fred's is upscale shopping where you live, not where I live. Fred's is a joke in my opinion not even close to Walmart or Dollar General. Oh sorry Fred's gone out of business, because Dollar General came to town.

Walmart and Dollar General are now upscale retailers?....... hahahaha.
Poor Fred. Please someone help him out of the bargain basement dungeon.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Walmart and Dollar General are now upscale retailers?....... hahahaha.
Poor Fred. Please someone help him out of the bargain basement dungeon.

It's to late for Fred ☹ï¸
DOA

I was considering going back and grabbing a quart for a VOA, just for kicks. Where is the cheapest place? I read Black Stone was about $30

Fred's oil is produced by Warren oil, the same company that produces coastal, lubrigold, and lubrigard, plus a whole slew of private label products. Like Amalie and Warren distribution, they blend and package products based on a price point. My local store had Fred's oil for $1.99/qt for the better part of a year, but has recently increased the price to $2.19/qt, which is still more than fair. Fred's is a true discount store, with largely excellent pricing, selection and sales. They are suffering from minimal consumer exposure as compared to competitive companies such as Walmart and dollar general. Dollar general stores used to be small with mostly store branded products, and less selection than Fred's. Now there's probably seven or more DG stores in my area, one being a market, with good selection, lots of national brand products, and ad campaigns that can afford to sponsor NASCAR race teams for multiple years. Although still a discount store, they are playing in Amazon/Walmart territory, and succeeding. Fred's is not. I'd hate to see my local store go though, because I can often get supplies for equal or less prices than Walmart, with less hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back