Zepro Adv Moly, 4300 mi, 2015 Mazda3

Status
Not open for further replies.
First UOA for this 2015 Mazda3.

cSt Viscosity @ 100°C is what puzzles me in otherwise good report.
6.22 when the spec says 8.3 starting value. I've never seen lower than 7.5 on this exact oil in the few UOAs here.

Oil is used Nov-May in Chicago area. Car was mostly used as a weekend car- meaning longer trips.
Oil monitor was at 60% when the oil was dumped - had to change it earlier before upcoming long road trip.
Oil filter is the OEM mazda skyactiv.

[Linked Image]

Looks good. This oil has a Noack of 14%, but that didn't impact oil consumption here. Mazda uses good oil control rings as few Mazda engines consume oil from what I've seen. I have a 2015 3 as well with the 2.0. I have not done a UOA yet. I've only used M1. I have 60k miles on it.

Everything looks fine and while I'm sure it could go further, it's hard to say that without the TBN/TAN.

The one thing that does stand out is it's clearly experiencing some fuel dilution. The flashpoint is depressed and if Blackstone is reporting Trace amounts of fuel in the oil, then you can be assured it's much worse than that. Blackstone is notoriously bad with accurate fuel dilution testing. If extending your OCI is your goal here, I might suggest a different testing lab to get a better idea of how bad your fuel dilution is.

Originally Posted by ZZman
Has killer Moly and Boron.
That's not killer moly. This is killer moly: 900 ppm in Eneos Racing Street SN-GF5 0w20. You have to go to racing oil to get more moly than that.

I have been running a lot of this oil in a 18 Subaru and liking it a lot till it has taken a big price bump.

You right on the price jump. I bought 2 jugs on eBay for $32.95 and got $5 off one and 10% off the other when they had a promo. No way I pay $40+ when I get rebates on M1. Moly is not a must have for durability. It's for keeping up their EPA number. I think

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dave123
I have been running a lot of this oil in a 18 Subaru and liking it a lot till it has taken a big price bump.

Toyota Genuine oil is very similar and quite a bit cheaper, if this sort of oil is what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back