Do you trust people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Precaution yes, you did the right thing asking him what's going on, but you din't lock the gate so he might have went to the wrong place looking for "his mom". You really should have closed the gate to avoid this, people miss signs all the time.

When I lived rural dogs are always there for "protection" reason. Maybe not enough to save you but enough for trouble makers to think twice before attempting anything.

Originally Posted by uc50ic4more
Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Trust is for the stupid.

Cynicism is for the weak.

Not cynicism, hard experience. Any time I was dumb enough to trust someone, I got reamed. No exceptions. Trust, and you might as well tattoo "SUCKER" on your forehead.

Originally Posted by Imp4
Originally Posted by kstanf150
OP Answer to your post 🤔
NO !!!!!
I trust no one anymore
I don't let my guard down
It's a messed up world we live in today and it's really sad from the world I grew up in only 45 years ago

If you ever drive a car on a two lane road, you trust every driver traveling in the opposite direction with your life.

You do leave your home, don't you?!?
cheers3.gif

Look up the definition of Trust and explain to me how it applies to your comment.

When I meet another car on a two lane road
I don't Trust
I Hope they can

Big difference
You earn Trust
That doesn't happen on a two lane road in one split second of time !

Last edited:
OP Answer to your post 🤔
NO !!!!!
I trust no one anymore
It's a messed up world we live in today and it's really sad from the world I grew up in only 45 years ago

If you ever drive a car on a two lane road, you trust every driver traveling in the opposite direction with your life.

cheers3.gif

Look up the definition of Trust and explain to me how it applies to your comment.

I don't Trust
I Hope they can

Big difference
You earn Trust

Semantics.

You're trusting that they won't cross the double-yellow and center-punch you.

Time to get an Arlo. Amazon has the Pro with two cameras for under $ 300:

Amazon Arlo Pro - Wireless Home Sec...orage Included | 2 camera kit (VMS4230)

I had some lunatic try to break into my garage while I was sleeping last winter. I too live in a rural area (not as rural as you, but still.) That camera has been the best thing I have ever purchased. You really can't put a price on a piece of mind. The fact that it's all wireless means I can put it wherever I want and can move it at anytime. You can even put a memory stick in the base station and plug it into a backup power strip so that it works during power outages.

The best part is the free cloud storage. As soon as it detects motion it starts recording, notifies your phone, and uploads the video to the cloud. Depending how far away that gate is, you might run into issues with wifi coverage, but I have one about 300 feet away in an outbuilding and the wifi still works. Whereas my phone loses coverage in the garage about 20 feet away (go figure.)

Originally Posted by john_pifer
OP Answer to your post 🤔
NO !!!!!
I trust no one anymore

cheers3.gif

I don't Trust
I Hope they can

Big difference
You earn Trust

Semantics.

You're trusting that they won't cross the double-yellow and center-punch you.

Trust don't happen that fast

Originally Posted by BrianF
Be curious, calm and professional but have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

I know who said that!

Are you talking about believing random people or about trusting people? Trust can only be earned. If I don't know you I don't trust you. That does not necessarily mean that I do not believe you if you tell me something. But just because I believe you something does not mean I trust you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back