Nighthawk X6S v. TP Link Archer C4000

Status
Not open for further replies.

dishdude

$100 Site Donor 2023
Any input on these two routers? Both are $150 at Costco and list very similar specs. Looking for something I can use out of the box that will be secure without much additional tinkering, so I'm thinking it's going to come down to the software and any apps or built in browser page that they offer to help with management.

Netgear's setup Genie is super simple to use. You use pretty much any device and it's all done through your browser. The X6S has pretty good reviews as well.

i order the tp link and am going to try it out. i was at costco today a saw the netgear orbi for the same price. seems that may be a better way to go instead of just a single router

Take what I say with a grain of salt.
I like Netgear products in my industry but having bought a TPlink cable modem and AC1700 years ago at GREAT prices for its time, years of rock solid performance I have become a TPLINK fan.

When a product far exceeds my expectations for the price, at that point only I become loyal to a company.

I bought an Netgear AC1700 at Costco about three years ago and have no trouble. About six months ago, my girlfriend's router was acting up (a bit) and so used that as a common spare and I bought her an AC1200 Tenda for under thirty bucks (on sale) at Amazon. Frankly, given Internet speed, under 100 down, this works just fine with maybe 8-10 active devices on it. Think I'd save my $150 if I had to do it over again. Plus, the Tenda's range is just as good, can pick it up way out on the street in front of her condo. Course all these prices were pre-tariff, although I noticed that the Tenda is still going in the low thirties on Amazon.

I have had mixed results with TP Link. An AC1750 that simply locks up after 1-2 days while another AC2200 that works well except web UI /server locks up and requires restart.

My Ac1750 sits on shelf not used.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back