2019 Sonata Limited 2.0T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oil_film_movies, where did you get that information on the Mobil1 Turbo Power? A VOA will be interesting on that...

Originally Posted by wemay
Oil_film_movies, where did you get that information on the Mobil1 Turbo Power? A VOA will be interesting on that...
It was in some promotional web page for Booth 3238 at this year's AAPEX in Vegas (11/2019). Can't find that old link any more. The image came from a previous thread here, back when I knew where it was.

I think all we have about the new oil is the MSDSs from mobiloil.com, the usual https://www.msds.exxonmobil.com/IntApps/psims/SearchResults.aspx and put in turbo power in the product name search box.

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Originally Posted by StevieC
I'd use a fully synthetic oil instead of a blend any time a Turbo is involved.

400 degrees F, deposits might form in there, just sayin' ....

It's not here, not on da Walmart shelves YET, but its coming in the next few months:

--- which did well in the dexos1 GM turbo coking test

Until that oil comes out, pick Mobil1 Extended Performance or Annual Protection at wally world.

And, Fram Ultra oil filter does best on the 4548-12 filtering performance test, and is wire-backed, etc..... another walmart shelf item too, ez to find.

Yeah I have seen enough cooked turbo bearings in my time to know that a synthetic and an excellent quality one will still have a hard time keeping the bearings fully deposit free because of the extreme temperatures, but you can keep it as clean as possible and extend their service life by using a high quality fully synthetic engine oil to limit these deposits as much as possible.

It doesn't need to be Amsoil or something boutique (just so no one gets the wrong idea), but I would use something that is predominantly PAO like M1 E.P./A.P.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies you guys are awesome. I decided to go with the Mobil 1 5W-30 since I'm going with 3K OCI to keep the oil clean and fresh. I can't wait to see that Mobil 1 Turbo formula tested. Thanks again guys.

Theta II turbo?

5w/0w -40 A3/B4.

Barring that - an A5/B5 5w-30.

Make mine Mobil1 flavor - but there are lots of options depending on your preferences.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
QSUD. Good and cheap!

Words or Wisdom
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by BLND1
Theta II turbo?

5w/0w -40 A3/B4.

Barring that - an A5/B5 5w-30.

Make mine Mobil1 flavor - but there are lots of options depending on your preferences.

0W40 C3 would be better than A3 due to the lower SAPS which would help reduce valve deposits while still retaining positive film strength of HTHS 3.5 necessary for high stress, high heat turbo application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back