2013 Chevy Cruze 1.4T

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just picked up this car with 130,000 miles on it. I do not know the history at all on this vehicle. I would like to run a HM oil since it does have a small drip by the oil cooler. What oil and filter do you recommend?

FRAM ULTRA® CARTRIDGE OIL FILTER XG10246 ( https://www.fram.com/parts-search/XG10246/ ) due to its easy availability from walmart or amazon and superior synthetic media, reasonable cost. My favorite choice, also easily found, is this valvoline flavor due to it's high mileage style and dexos1 Gen2. ( If you find it is consuming oil, order Valvoline Premium Blue Restore 10w30 from https://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/valvoline-877377/premium-blue-restore-10w30-gallon-p-vvl-877377 on this aging Chevy to clean the ringpack. )

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Edge 0W40, who cares about certs when the vehicle is out of warranty?

This is BITOG, dammit! Throw that manual out the window or replace it with one from the Middle East or South America!

We have that car with 112k … currently have Mobil 1 0w40 in the motor …

Those cars are tough on ATF … but easy to drain. Mine looked like dirty motor oil at 40k …
There is an NPT plug that takes an 11mm box end to drain Dex VI. Your oil plug is flanged and takes 10mm … get a six point as these can be stubborn …

My transmission drains one gallon on my 7-1/2" ramps … so I put a jug of Valvoline Maxlife every 20k …
The ATF fill is down and right as shown

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CT8
Fix the drip.

+1 - could be bad gasket, bad o-ring, corrosion of the cooler, etc. They tend to get much worse over time.

Owned a '12 Cruze with the 1.4 turbo. Honestly it was one of the worst vehicles I ever owned. Constantly in the shop for something. Traded away @ 60K miles with a slipping transmission even though two changes had been done during its life. They all make lemons, hopefully yours is one of the good ones.

Originally Posted by kanz
I just picked up this car with 130,000 miles on it. I do not know the history at all on this vehicle. I would like to run a HM oil since it does have a small drip by the oil cooler. What oil and filter do you recommend?

There is no oil that will fix a drip. That seal or seals need to be changed. Everyone wants the mechanic in a bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back