Lucas Red "N" Tacky

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after cleaning up Mobil 1 synthetic grease oozing from my gun again I decided to buy this. Lot of people online seem to like it. Will it be compatible with Mobil 1 grease that's already in the joints?

20190516_134906.jpg

New boat trailer hubs were prepacked with it … so purge them with RNT every run …
Hubs stay cool on 65 mph tows

Yep, RNT and power steering fluid is all I have used from them … now all vehicles have electric power steering …

Interesting. The one time I put RNT in my grease gun, it kept oozing and dripping red liquid. Replaced it with Valvoline grease and problem solved. No more oozing and dripping.
21.gif

Originally Posted by 28oz
Interesting. The one time I put RNT in my grease gun, it kept oozing and dripping red liquid. Replaced it with Valvoline grease and problem solved. No more oozing and dripping.
21.gif

Noooooooo!!!! I hope not. It's the reason why I switched away from Mobil 1

One that will not do that is Mystik JT6 green tube ...
no run in the sun ... very water resistant

I thought it was normal for grease to eventually leak out of the gun due to separation. Is that not the case?

I also had some red fluid ooze with RnT. Same with other generic marine greases, but never had this problem with Lucas HD green. Have not tried Valvoline or Mystik mentioned above but will try these in the future.

Grease running out on a hot day is not an indicator of its quality at all so don't let it bother you. No need to be ocd about grease.

Originally Posted by Jackstrw68
Grease running out on a hot day is not an indicator of its quality at all so don't let it bother you. No need to be ocd about grease.

True! But my concern is the drips under the grease gun that always seem to taint my table. I don't think the bleed affects the lubricity of the grease after it is applied.

*Many also use RNT to lube semi - auto pistol slide rails and outside of barrels ... Works well !

Take a look at a tube of rnt thats sat on the shelf for a while. You will see it has pulled away from the cartrige. thats the oil leaving it. rnt seems to hold the oil better than others, in that it usually doesnt ooze on the shelf, but still has the oil falling out of suspension. which is why i spend a little more on a premium grease. but thats just me

Oozing is a symptom of an improper ratio of suspended oil and microscopic ball bearings. You need more bearings.
crazy.gif

Theres a number of greases with a low percent oil separation spec.....and red n tacky isnt one of them!

Originally Posted by Cgates
Theres a number of greases with a low percent oil separation spec.....and red n tacky isnt one of them!
Okay, so please enlighten us on the better ones...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back