Another redline oil user!!

I keep forgetting how long he has been around. I never followed much into NASCAR but I always liked Jeff Gordon for some reason. Anyone else find someone they liked using your favorite oil? I'm sure there is a John Force and Castrol fan out there somewhere.

Screenshot_20190515-011213.png

Quaker State has been a sponsor of Rick Hendricks cars for years unless they have recently changed. I think Gordon is half owner of the 24.

Originally Posted by gman2304
Quaker State has been a sponsor of Rick Hendricks cars for years unless they have recently changed. I think Gordon is half owner of the 24.

Valvoline now.

Jeff was from Vallejo, only a stones throw to Red Line's Benecia headquarters.

they use what works + is generally specifically blended, not always what they advertise. that said redline makes some serious race only oils that prolly would work.

Originally Posted by tig1
Originally Posted by gman2304

Valvoline now.

Too bad its not Mobil 1 hmmmm

During my Embry Riddle days in Daytona Beach, (mid ‘80's) I would wander over to the track on Wednesdays (a free admission day) and watch the teams practice.

I'll never forget watching a well known and fast team pouring cases of M1 into yellow bottles!

Now that I think back on it, this may have started an oil obsession.....

Last edited:
During my Embry Riddle days in Daytona Beach, (mid ‘80's) I would wander over to the track on Wednesdays (a free admission day) and watch the teams practice.

I'll never forget watching a well known and fast team pouring cases of M1 into yellow bottles!

Now that I think back on it, this may have started an oil obsession.....

If I had to guess...

pennzoil.jpg

Back