Recent Topics
Does Super Lube Oil make Good Electric Motor Oil
by vortex - 08/24/19 04:40 PM
26 degree temp swing in 24 hours
by gman2304 - 08/24/19 04:12 PM
FEDERATED PG4459F CUT OPEN
by 53' Stude - 08/24/19 03:58 PM
Reverse mortgage questions.
by callbay - 08/24/19 03:45 PM
Moly vs No Moly
by Navi - 08/24/19 03:08 PM
M1 5W30 SN+ D1/G2 VOA ?
by ChrisD46 - 08/24/19 03:04 PM
Castrol 0w40 no longer LL-01 ?
by Ndx - 08/24/19 02:32 PM
Different TGMO bottles?
by gwiffer - 08/24/19 02:07 PM
Oil change before car sitting 1 year?
by clarkflower - 08/24/19 12:47 PM
Havoline Smart Change on RB
by Mad_Hatter - 08/24/19 11:54 AM
TFL Truck testing Rotella Gas Truck.
by A_Harman - 08/24/19 11:34 AM
01 Nissan Sentra 2.0 AC issue
by Mark72 - 08/24/19 11:21 AM
I should have bought that Daewoo
by 5AcresAndAFool - 08/24/19 10:24 AM
Any one tried one of these ?
by WyrTwister - 08/24/19 10:02 AM
Correct Temps to Check ATF Fill
by Gebo - 08/24/19 09:48 AM
Newest Members
Iautox, Mayadi, YachtRocket, WoodworkerII, crosspug
69053 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
96 registered members (4WD, 25ring, 2002 Maxima SE, 92saturnsl2, 01rangerxl, 12 invisible), 2,393 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics293,740
Posts5,045,927
Members69,053
Most Online3,532
Jul 30th, 2019
Donate to BITOG
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Craftsman to be made in the USA! [Re: sasilverbullet] #5106831 05/16/19 11:48 AM
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,334
B
bubbatime Offline
Offline
B
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,334
Craftsman has been completely utterly dead to me for the past 5-6 years. I haven't bought a single Craftsman tool once they moved off shore. If the new Made in America tools are decent quality, with decent reviews, then I will once again spend money on Craftsman tools. This is fantastic news, and I'm sure a LOT of tool buyers will be glad to see Made in USA stamped on the Craftsman tools again, as it should be.


17 Chrysler Pacifica Edge Syn 5W30
13 Yamaha XT250 Valv MC 10W40
10 Acura TSX 2.4 Edge 0W40
06 GMC Sierra SuperTech 10W30


Re: Craftsman to be made in the USA! [Re: sasilverbullet] #5106833 05/16/19 11:50 AM
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 579
D
diyjake Offline
Offline
D
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 579
I believe Lowe's sell Craftsman tools now.

Re: Craftsman to be made in the USA! [Re: Farnsworth] #5106843 05/16/19 11:57 AM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,997
B
benjamming Offline
Offline
B
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,997
Originally Posted by Farnsworth
If they could start making power tools to fight China labor costs it would be great. So tired of seeing every power tool made in PRC.
Dwalt has some that isn't along with Festool. There may be others but will depend upon which power tools. It would be nice if Craftsman would do this, I agree.

Re: Craftsman to be made in the USA! [Re: CrAlt] #5106844 05/16/19 12:02 PM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 9,893
4WD Online Confused
Online Confused
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 9,893
Sears … the little home town (low overhead) stores are still hanging in there …

Re: Craftsman to be made in the USA! [Re: sasilverbullet] #5106850 05/16/19 12:06 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 32,783
D
demarpaint Offline
Offline
D
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 32,783
Great news. Hopefully the quality is what I'm expecting of American made tools, and the price is right.


God Bless Our Troops

Re: Craftsman to be made in the USA! [Re: bubbatime] #5106905 05/16/19 01:18 PM
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 2,245
H
hallstevenson Offline
Offline
H
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 2,245
Originally Posted by bubbatime
I haven't bought a single Craftsman tool once they moved off shore.

Last Craftsman tool(s) I bought were a low-cost set of pliers, side cutter, etc. They're the Evolv brand from Sears and for my usage, they're fine but I kinda look around for replacements. I was even looking at some sold by HF now (one of their newer brands although I'm not sure 100% sure where they're made).

Re: Craftsman to be made in the USA! [Re: sasilverbullet] #5106914 05/16/19 01:27 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,402
H
hatt Offline
Offline
H
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,402
Nice. Hopefully they're good quality.


2013 F150 5.0, Delo XLE CK-4 10W-30, Baldwin B7449
2010 Camry 2.5, PP 10W-30, Mobil1 M1C-251A
Re: Craftsman to be made in the USA! [Re: Trav] #5107089 05/16/19 05:50 PM
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,116
M
maxdustington Offline
Offline
M
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,116
Originally Posted by Trav
That is great! Hopefully they make a decent tool again for a fair price, not cheap mind you but mid price range.
I want something US made that I can destroy at work or lose in the scrapyard and not worry about. They need to be priced competitively to Taiwanese tools; that's pretty much what the Craftsman market was: more than adequate for DIY use, good enough for professionals. If their prices are SK level, they will be a hard sell to anyone other than COO freaks and nostalgics.

I've seen Craftsman at Lowes, and I think Rona carries them as well. I will be buying the US made stuff as soon as it becomes available!


03 Jetta AWP/09A 210k kms
Edge 0W40 + Mann 719/30
Re: Craftsman to be made in the USA! [Re: maxdustington] #5107156 05/16/19 07:45 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,402
H
hatt Offline
Offline
H
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,402
Originally Posted by maxdustington
Originally Posted by Trav
That is great! Hopefully they make a decent tool again for a fair price, not cheap mind you but mid price range.
I want something US made that I can destroy at work or lose in the scrapyard and not worry about. They need to be priced competitively to Taiwanese tools; that's pretty much what the Craftsman market was: more than adequate for DIY use, good enough for professionals. If their prices are SK level, they will be a hard sell to anyone other than COO freaks and nostalgics.

I've seen Craftsman at Lowes, and I think Rona carries them as well. I will be buying the US made stuff as soon as it becomes available!

I can assure you they won't be priced at SK levels.


2013 F150 5.0, Delo XLE CK-4 10W-30, Baldwin B7449
2010 Camry 2.5, PP 10W-30, Mobil1 M1C-251A
Re: Craftsman to be made in the USA! [Re: demarpaint] #5107164 05/16/19 08:00 PM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 10,396
S
spasm3 Online Happy
Online Happy
S
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 10,396
Originally Posted by demarpaint
Great news. Hopefully the quality is what I'm expecting of American made tools, and the price is right.




I agree, i don't mind paying more at all , as long as the quality is there. I'd like nothing better than to be able to buy the quality craftsman used to be. I just hope its not the current quality with a higher price and a usa stamp.


13 elantra 78k 5w30 synpwr
03 chevy avalanche 83k synpwr 5w30
17 mazda cx-5 12300 miles m1 0w30
Re: Craftsman to be made in the USA! [Re: JohnnyJohnson] #5107762 05/17/19 02:44 PM
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 13,428
53' Stude Offline
Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 13,428
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
More jobs coming back to America gee how did that ever happen.



LOL! I'll stick with my older SK tools and ancient craftsman stuff grandpa gave me



Re: Craftsman to be made in the USA! [Re: hallstevenson] #5108869 05/18/19 09:36 PM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 43,052
J
JHZR2 Offline
Global Moderator
Offline
Global Moderator
J
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 43,052
Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Stanley is going to build a new factory to make these ? Don't they have existing facilities in the US already that they could use ? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for this potential growth but on the other hand, this can take time.... and decisions could change....

Interesting quote from the article
Quote
They also say that production costs will be “in line” with the tools currently being made in China.


Sounds to me like the factory will be automated, and the higher costs of existence in the USA are probably offset by lower shipping and distribution costs.

Whether they have a facility or not, given the stores that are selling them, and the likelihood of bringing back disenfranchised customers (like me) who haven’t bought their stuff in a while, I’m sure they can count on a reasonable roi.

Re: Craftsman to be made in the USA! [Re: JHZR2] #5109006 05/19/19 04:50 AM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 32,783
D
demarpaint Offline
Offline
D
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 32,783
Originally Posted by JHZR2
Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Stanley is going to build a new factory to make these ? Don't they have existing facilities in the US already that they could use ? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for this potential growth but on the other hand, this can take time.... and decisions could change....

Interesting quote from the article
Quote
They also say that production costs will be “in line” with the tools currently being made in China.


Sounds to me like the factory will be automated, and the higher costs of existence in the USA are probably offset by lower shipping and distribution costs.

Whether they have a facility or not, given the stores that are selling them, and the likelihood of bringing back disenfranchised customers (like me) who haven’t bought their stuff in a while, I’m sure they can count on a reasonable roi.

thumbsup They might win some of my business back too. I'm looking forward to their US made tools again.


God Bless Our Troops

Re: Craftsman to be made in the USA! [Re: JHZR2] #5109034 05/19/19 06:31 AM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 9,893
4WD Online Confused
Online Confused
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 9,893
Automated equipment shifts the work to the maintenance team. Once trained internally (training facility bought with initial Capex) … even US techs on a decent wage will likely cost less than the OEM’s rep who you might have to fly in from Germany etc … so you limit what kind of work they are called in for …

Re: Craftsman to be made in the USA! [Re: sasilverbullet] #5109268 05/19/19 12:04 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 861
K
kstanf150 Offline
Offline
K
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 861
Originally Posted by sasilverbullet


That’s really good news !!!!
Thanks DJT 🇺🇸

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

BOB IS THE OIL GUY® Powered by UBB.threads™