Car at dealership for to long for service

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mercede is at the mercede dealership for 3 week for have them install headlight control module plus programming which only take 2 hours of labor. I'm not getting the car back everyday I called my service advisor and he kept saying like : technician was out or got caught up with other car, or say I will get it back tomorrow, basically he come up with excuses.This never happened to me and was wondering what should I do. I called everyday and no one answered and sometimes I leave a message then he will never return my call sometimes. I did called 1800-mercede and told them my issues and they told me that they will email them if I tell them to but I told them I will call them tomorrow if service advisor doesn't called me today which he did not. I really don't want to call 1800 mecredes due to make it look bad on both of us.

You should ask them for a free rental until you get the car back. That should make them speed it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
3 weeks!? I'd be down there to get a rental or my car back after the 2nd day.

Originally Posted by john_pifer
Wow. Some real conspiracy theorists here.
Maybe, but if they keep making different excuses and telling lies, they're obviously a dealership you never want to deal with again. If they're waiting on a part, that's all that would need to be said.

If they didn't have the part they should have let you keep your car until it came in. If you can drive it then I would get it back.

Do the headlights work at all?

It's certainly fishy. If you don't get help from Mercedes a complaint with the state consumer protection/MVD could get some action.

Originally Posted by MParr
I'll agree that your car has possibly been damaged by the dealership and they are trying to cover it up.

That is the only thing that makes any sense. If it were a parts availability issue they would say that right off the bat and pass the blame on to MB parts, why would they deal with the PO'd customer if they had nothing to do with it?

Definitely sounds like they damaged something and are trying to fix it without you knowing. I'd go the dealer and ask to see the car.

Definitely sounds like SOMETHING is wrong....

I'd wager that they damaged something while trying to fix it, or unfortunately someone at the shop had an accident.

You need to show up UNANNOUNCED and see if you can spot your car on the lot or in the shop. Do NOT let them know you are coming over
do some reconnaissance of the lot and shop look carefully to see if you can find it, check their body shop if on the premises or if they have a contract shop see if you can find it....Have your wife call up the dealer and ask them where they would recommend you take your car for body work, show up at that shop as well. If it HAS been damaged and they haven't told you about it. DEFINITELY call the manufacturer and voice your experience and tell them what you would like done to remedy.

Nothing conspiratorial about problematic dealerships and their shenanigans.

I hope it's just poor management and they are behind in workload...keep us updated! Thanks.
frown.gif
smirk2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by Wolf359
You should ask them for a free rental until you get the car back. That should make them speed it up.

Free only if still under warranty.

When they charge $150-$200/hour for labor, they include the loaner in the cost of service whether it's warranty or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back