GC and 0W40 calcium levels>

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no luck finding Calcium levels on the several runs of GC and Belgium 0W30 as well as 0W40. Any help would be appreciated. I have some left and want to use it in my daughters MB 2.0 turbo but was wondering that even though it is MB approved...that the Calcium level is too high for a DI turbo.....Thanks in advance.

Aren't these A3/B4 oils with high ZDDP by US standards?
Studies have shown that high ZDDP (meaning higher than US SN/GF5 oils) can be a powerful mitigator of LSPI.
I was even going overboard and putting some ZDDP additive in my oil before d1G2 with an LSPI test came around.

That said, I would still be more comfortable running something I knew was low in calcium.
That 0W40 Ca level looks OK by the VOA posted, not sure where that 0W30 would end up.
I used M1 5W30 ESP Formula a few times, probably somewhat comparable in general to your 0W30 and I knew from VOAs that it was low in calcium (~1200) like most of the M1 line (0W40 excepted).

Is your daughter an aggressive driver?
LSPI is mostly a low rev phenomenon, if she grabs some revs when she gets on the throttle it is probably a good thing for the health of that engine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back