Yamalube 5w-30 synthetic 100 hours in F300

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Polaris run sample for me. Did Blackstones prior but really wanted more accurate fuel dilution number- but it just >5% instead of "1%" LOL
Anyways, as of this oil change I went with dino Yamalube 10w-30 as per claluja's ( thanks man ðŸ‘ðŸ») suggestion to combat dilution while I look into injector issues??

Any thoughts or observations appreciated.
[Linked Image]

Amazing how similar yours is to mine. Even the nickel. Your viscosity isn't too bad. Maybe try 70 hours next time?

Good luck with the yamalube dino - you know what it did for mine. If you get injectors serviced, Trav on here did a great job on mine.

Is your oil level creeping up dipstick, or not?

claluja- yea I'd noticed that Ni. Really coincidental, really good(normal for this engine) or maybe not so good. Dunno. In the first couple hundred hours is made crazy oil, but it's been progressively better, though I'll admit that I'm checking it less frequently this last year. I only average max 100 hrs/year too. At change it was maybe 1/2-3/4" overfull, and the previous change I'd left it a tad under max on the stick- so yea, that much in a year.

bubbatime- Yes, I'm going back to 50-75 hours for sure. I'd thought about a more viscid oil than 10w-30, but chickened out for warranty reasons. Maybe next time depending on the next UOA. I know I got an extended warranty when it was new in 2014, but honestly can't member the hours/years specifics to it, like a lot of things these days LOL. Engine has actually 435 on it now. Yamaha hasn't reached out to me about extending the extension if they even do that?

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back