Memorial Day Sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any good promotions on Tires coming up for the Holiday? I am in the market for new treads. Discount Tire?

IDK about tire sales but it appears a few grocery stores will be having excellent deals on steaks, dogs, beer and chips!

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
IDK about tire sales but it appears a few grocery stores will be having excellent deals on steaks, dogs, beer and chips!

Home Depot on mulch.

Tirerack had a deal on some continental 215 60 R17 I was thinking of replacing the wifes Crosstrek 225/55R17 if they would fit.

Nobody wants to sell or mount non OE tires these days.

Size: 215/60R17 96T
Eco Focus: EcoPlus
Serv. Desc: 96T
UTQG: 800 A B
Qty:per Tire:

$87.29Special/Closeout
Availability: In Stock
Can be delivered tomorrow, 05/16 to 03848Free Shipping
Set of 4: $349.16

Originally Posted by Sayjac

LMGTFY

Sometimes a Discount tire Rep will post here before the sale and give us special members a heads up!

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Tirerack had a deal on some continental 215 60 R17 I was thinking of replacing the wifes Crosstrek 225/55R17 if they would fit.

Size: 215/60R17 96T
Eco Focus: EcoPlus
Serv. Desc: 96T
UTQG: 800 A B
Qty:per Tire:

$87.29Special/Closeout
Availability: In Stock
Can be delivered tomorrow, 05/16 to 03848Free Shipping
Set of 4: $349.16

Not a big fan of Conti tires, specially ProContact version. Had them as OE on my Mk7 Golf and from very early on was unhappy with them. Very noisy at highway speeds, squealing in sharp turns, performed poorly in wet and snow. After 34K miles very little thread left so I replaced them with Altimax RT43 and can honestly say it's the best tires I've had in a long time. Night and day compare to Conti tires.

General tire is owned by Continental, and the OEM tires from almost every manufacturer are junk. Agree with you on the RT43, we have them on our Subaru and they are great performers and decent in snow. We have a set of Conti Purecontact LS on and Accord and they are even better than the RT43's.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
I'm unaware of any DT reps giving members here a heads up. Be that as it may, the posted link will take you to the 2019 DT Memorial Day sale promo, thus why it was posted. First entry found after advertisement.....

https://www.discounttire.com/promotions/memorial-day

Thanks! I thought you were just telling me to do a google search in your first post. So this years Promo is only an extra 10%off, oh well better than nothing.

Last edited:

If you take the wheels off the vehicle and bring them into the shop "in your hand," they will mount any tires on them, IME.

Alas, that is extra hassle.

Discount Tire will or at least they have for me in the past. Given your location you may not have one around.

[]

215/60r17 will fit with absolutely to issues. I ran 215/60r17 Nokian eNTYRE C/S on my '17 Crosstrek until I downsized to 16" wheels.

Unfortunately, Discount Tire had changed their promotions ever since the founder of the company passed away just over a year ago. They used to do $100, $75, and $50 MIR depending on whether you purchased a set of Best, Better, Good tires. Now they do 10% MIR. So you would have to spend $1,000 to get the $100 MIR. I used to spend anywhere from $360 for a set of Nokian's for my ride (Nokian considered a "Best" tire, so I got a $100 MIR) to $500 (again Nokian "Best" $100 MIR) for my wife's old SUV.

Almost always get a plus size from DT … either both ways for my 4WD's or wider with aspect change for cars …
(keeps OD the same) …

DTD is only offering 10% off for Memorial Day. While you can still stack this with the mfr rebates, it's still not as good as it used to be

Originally Posted by 2010Civic
Discount Tires sales have been getting worse and worse.

01.gif

This is because the founder died last year. With him gone, the deals haven't been as good as before

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
DTD is only offering 10% off for Memorial Day. While you can still stack this with the mfr rebates, it's still not as good as it used to be

01.gif

This is because the founder died last year. With him gone, the deals haven't been as good as before

Well...guys would come on here and talk about "their score" at Sears and what they were getting for free with their points-right up to the day Sears basically closed up shop. I don't know what Discount Tires financial shape is, but maybe the new owners want to remain profitable. And stay in business in the future.

Last edited:
Kingsford twin pak charcoal for 9 bucks, big bags, always stock up for the summer.

044600312392.jpg

Originally Posted by CKN

01.gif

Well...guys would come on here and talk about "their score" at Sears and what they were getting for free with their points-right up to the day Sears basically closed up shop. I don't know what Discount Tires financial shape is, but maybe the new owners want to remain profitable. And stay in business in the future.

Bruce Halle didn't die penniless
smirk2.gif

Sear's problem is the CEO looting the company. They could've been what Amazon is today because Sears was Amazon!

Originally Posted by CKN

01.gif

Bruce Halle didn't die penniless
smirk2.gif

Sear's problem is the CEO looting the company. They could've been what Amazon is today because Sears was Amazon!

That's not the point. Do you know the what the spread sheet looks like since they were bought out? I don't. But I'm saying that profitability (or lack thereof) could be the reason for less discounts. But some guys on here think "profits" is a bad word. Probably the same ones who run around town to buy oil at .25 cents a quart.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back