Mobil 1 ESP 5W40 users and general info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon Bitogers. I nabbed a few gallons of M1 delvac esp 5w40 for friends older Mercedes Benz as it's all he runs in it without issue. What does the ESP stand for? How many folks here use this oil?

Thank You on advance also
smile.gif

Its not a "Mobil 1" oil. It's "Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5w-40" to be clear.
Should work great in older Mercedes diesels 228.5 & 235.28, and it also complies with gasoline engine SL tests.

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Its not a "Mobil 1" oil. It's "Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5w-40" to be clear.
Should work great in older Mercedes diesels 228.5 & 235.28, and it also complies with gasoline engine SL tests.

Sorry about that. Good info also, Thank You

I thought it was Electric System Protection so I put it in three generators …
wink.gif

(all called for 10w30, but easy start and purr on the 5w40) …

[...]it also complies with gasoline engine SL tests.
The Mobil 5W-40 that I have on the shelf is rated SM/SN.

Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
[...]it also complies with gasoline engine SL tests.
The Mobil 5W-40 that I have on the shelf is rated SM/SN.

The current Delvac 1 ESP 5w40 is only CK rated. Are you thinking of perhaps M1 TDT?

I use Delvac 1, 5W40 in my Chevy 6.6L only. Its my winter, mountain dirt road, fire wood cutting, hunting truck. Has a set of stud less Blizzak's for winter, Goodyear Mud's for the mountains. EFI Live Tune's.

Delvac 1 5W40 currant stock on the shelf is rated API service, CK-4, CJ-4, CI-4plus/ ACEA E9,E7.

It is also rated SM/SN but is not labeled on any of the containers, jugs, or pails. It has been rated SM/SN for years, they just don't seem to want to label it for some reason. Whatever that reason is? It does not make any sense! You can only find that SM/SN spec on the Delvac website.

I will go look for the $10.00 per jug discount for you. I got my rebate in 2/3 weeks, its separate from Mobil 1. So if you did a Mobil 1 rebate, you can do a Delvac rebate also.

https://www.mobil.com/en/mobil-delvac/products/promotions/40-off-mobildelvac

Last edited:
Originally Posted by KneeGrinder
I use Delvac 1, 5W40 in my Chevy 6.6L only. Its my winter, mountain dirt road, fire wood cutting, hunting truck. Has a set of stud less Blizzak's for winter, Goodyear Mud's for the mountains. EFI Live Tune's.

Delvac 1 5W40 currant stock on the shelf is rated API service, CK-4, CJ-4, CI-4plus/ ACEA E9,E7.

It is also rated SM/SN but is not labeled on any of the containers, jugs, or pails. It has been rated SM/SN for years, they just don't seem to want to label it for some reason. Whatever that reason is? It does not make any sense! You can only find that SM/SN spec on the Delvac website.

I will go look for the $10.00 per jug discount for you. I got my rebate in 2/3 weeks, its separate from Mobil 1. So if you did a Mobil 1 rebate, you can do a Delvac rebate also.

https://www.mobil.com/en/mobil-delvac/products/promotions/40-off-mobildelvac

I helped friend do Delvac rebate already sir
smile.gif

Thanks for info also
wink.gif

That's what my buddy does ~ from his PSD, JD tractors, and in his Deere with the long steel wheels …

I'm thinking about trying the Delvac 1 ESP 5w40 in my deleted BMW 335D. Currently using M1 ESP Formula 5w30 (made in France 2018) with good results. I have noticed about 1L of consumption of the ESP Formula over 5K mi OCI though. Perhaps the Delvac would be less volatile.

Thanks for above info about rebates.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by GeeTeeEyeGuy
I'm thinking about trying the Delvac 1 ESP 5w40 in my deleted BMW 335D. Currently using M1 ESP Formula 5w30 (made in France 2018) with good results. I have noticed about 1L of consumption of the ESP Formula over 5K mi OCI though. Perhaps the Delvac would be less volatile.

Thanks for above info about rebates.

I've used the Mobil 1 5-30 esp from France once in my MB v6 CDC and also had to add a qt. before 5k miles. First time I've ever had to add oil. According to the Stephens site, it has a noack of 24% after 3 hrs. That makes sense why we had to add oil. Right now I am using Valvoline 5-40mst but am going to switch to an hdeo 5-40. I'm at 105k miles on the vehicle.

I use Delvac 1 ESP on my Mercedes OM648 motor without any issues 111k miles. Next oil change it gets Pennzoil Ultra Euro. Currently on Roll back at Walmart.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back