It's National Etiquette Week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MolaKule

Staff member
It's National Etiquette Week so when hosting a dinner party, a centerpiece for the Table should never be anything prepared by a taxidermist.

How about chew with the mouth closed and eye contact during a conversation as a start?

Something my office colleagues having difficulties to manage.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Don't say words like crap in public.

I work at a College and you can't believe the profanity (shouting across the quad, etc.), poor behavior and general lack of manners, courtesy and dignity of some college students these days. It's truly disappointing.

Ed

Put your phone away. Matter of fact turn the darn thing off.

In the court of King Louis IV of France, when you were invited to a dinner party or feast, there were some interesting etiquette rules to be followed:

At the door of the dinner room, you did not knock, but you "scratched" on the door with your Left Fingers only,

After being led to your seats, to sit you approached the seat from the Left side. If you had to excuse yourself from the table, you exited your seat from the Right side,

He also introduced table napkins so you did not have to wipe your face with the table cloth. Personally, I always thought the table cloth was much softer.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back