ROYAL PURPLE HPS 5w-20; Ford 5.0 2015 Mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Jamelski538
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Where does it show anti freeze in my oil 0%. I had water two samples ago when I drained oil with out warming my car up.

Dont listen to anything arcographite says. He has blown apart at least 3 vehicles with his nonsense approach

Your potassium # doesnt worry me and it shouldnt worry you.

Carry on
smile.gif

Lol waiting for it why I asked about my coolant weep. Lol

I have only water in my intecooler for my supercharger and only water in my radiator. Just makes me laugh the stuff people say on a forum. I only posted my UOA to show royal purple hps is great oil and last 2.5 years with less than 8k miles.

Ahhh, the Ostrich Effect takes hold on another.
Some just don't have the intelligence to have a professional technical conversation.

Last edited:
"I have only water in my intecooler for my supercharger and only water in my radiator. Just makes me laugh the stuff people say on a forum. I only posted my UOA to show royal purple hps is great oil and last 2.5 years with less than 8k miles."

I don't see any evidence to show that RP is a great oil.

Disclosing the fact you ran water only early on would have prevented a lot of grief. In fact you mentioned coolant in a earlier post.

Fishing is slow it seems.

Originally Posted by PimTac

Correct.

Just makes me laugh the stuff people say on a forum.

Originally Posted by PimTac
"I have only water in my intecooler for my supercharger and only water in my radiator. Just makes me laugh the stuff people say on a forum. I only posted my UOA to show royal purple hps is great oil and last 2.5 years with less than 8k miles."

Disclosing the fact you ran water only early on would have prevented a lot of grief. In fact you mentioned coolant in a earlier post.

Fishing is slow it seems.

Please show me a UOA that is 2.5 years old with a tbn over 5 still. I'll wait

Is that your big selling point? TBN does not degrade with time by its own. Where do you think the acid is coming from without combustion byproducts?

And what level it is at is determined by the starting point and the specific buffering system. Lots of oils on the market will retain TBN just as well as RP.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Is that your big selling point? TBN does not degrade with time by its own. Where do you think the acid is coming from without combustion byproducts?

And what level it is at is determined by the starting point and the specific buffering system. Lots of oils on the market will retain TBN just as well as RP.

I'm wondering who Jamelski538 was before?

I would definitely run a 40 weight oil while racing, octane boosters don't do a darn thing just a waste of money. You're better off dumping in some unleaded 100 octane race gas, from VP or Sunoco

g
Originally Posted by Bullwinkle007
I would definitely run a 40 weight oil while racing, octane boosters don't do a darn thing just a waste of money. You're better off dumping in some unleaded 100 octane race gas, from VP or Sunoco

A 10 second pull, 20 weight is just fine for what I do with my car. I do 1/4 mile and I don't oval/race track with 8k for 20-30 mins.

If you mean octane boosters from Walmart yes they don't work. I use Boostane which has a ton of MMT in it and it does work. Please don't just talk out your [censored] and give out incorrect information. I can run 91 gas and Boostane only 10 oz and get 21 degrees of timing at Wot. Which is not possible on 91. If I put a whole can in. I can get 24 degrees of timing which is for 100 octane gas. Please move along.

Originally Posted by Gasbuggy
Thanks for posting this. I'm sure those aren't easy miles?

Not easy at all. I get into boost every day and highway is a blast. Oil is holding up great for what I do to it. Low miles but hard miles.

Royal Purple HPS is an awsome oil regardless of the haters of this oil on this forum.

Keep using it, and enjoy that mustang! ðŸ‘...Ž

Originally Posted by kschachn
What makes it awesome?

The fact that it's purple, of course.

People on this forum spend allot of money on exotic high priced oils + oil analysis on top of that, which is fine...everyone can do what they want to do. I just buy what ever synthetic oil and filter that is on sale, change it every 7500mi and move on.

A friend of mine bought this car (can't remember if it was new or used) with free oil changes for life...and she is determined to get the most of it. She has three or four hundred thousand miles on this car and it's still going. Not sure what oil or filter they are using but it must be working OK???
Tom

All looks good to me. My only suggestions are the motor craft could probably do just as well and I'd jump up to 5w30 especially in that 5.0

g
Originally Posted by Bullwinkle007

A 10 second pull, 20 weight is just fine for what I do with my car. I do 1/4 mile and I don't oval/race track with 8k for 20-30 mins.

If you mean octane boosters from Walmart yes they don't work. I use Boostane which has a ton of MMT in it and it does work. Please don't just talk out your [censored] and give out incorrect information. I can run 91 gas and Boostane only 10 oz and get 21 degrees of timing at Wot. Which is not possible on 91. If I put a whole can in. I can get 24 degrees of timing which is for 100 octane gas. Please move along.

Amen to that. Had a Citroën Xsara with 1.6l petrol. In my country you select between 95 or 98 oct gas. On 95, the anti-knock sensor made the engine run as sh*t on low RPM. A bug that Citroën never fixed on these. 98 did better, still missing some. I used a local brand decent octane booster, added as suggested on the can, and got clearly better response on low RPM, and mileage was skyhigh 10-12% better. Before this I tried some "well-known" cheapo brand, hardly any difference. On other cars with gasoline engine Ive also got positive results, though not close to what I got in the Citroën: A 1964.5 Mustang Convertible with 289, idle was "perfect" stable and response clearly better. The booster was based on ethanol/methanol, so not sure if it is so healhty for the engines in the long run with ethanol/methanol, still I never got an issue. For my everyday ride, diesel, I use a white-spirit-based "QMI diesel improver", who is "golden liquid" for us here in Norway who is set back with eco-diesel (bio-etanol).

I have only water in my intecooler for my supercharger and only water in my radiator.

No corrosion inhibitors added?
eek.gif

If you're running RP,I'd go with RP XPR in a minimum of at least 10W30 in a supercharged V8 Mustang. Or maybe follow Ford's 5W50 spec.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
If you're running RP,I'd go with RP XPR in a minimum of at least 10W30 in a supercharged V8 Mustang. Or maybe follow Ford's 5W50 spec.

Rousch specs 5W-50 when they supercharge a 5.0L Coyote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back