2020 Toyota Sienna

Status
Not open for further replies.
With an aging population, this is a master stroke of interior design. Give those guys a raise
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by beanoil
Originally Posted by diyjake
That is a nice van! How much extra was it for the assist seat?

Don't let sticker shock surprise you.
An aftermarket seat installed was quoted at 9500 at one location, and over 10,000 at another.
And while functional, those seats would not match the rest of the interior, and only a 1 year warranty.
The seat from Toyota is 6500, is covered under the bumper to bumper and matches the rest of the captains chairs.
I know I sound like a sales person... I'm really not. Just excited about the way the thing works and the relief on my back and legs.

6500 extra is quite reasonable, kudos to Toyota, and great choice for you.

Originally Posted by HangFire
Originally Posted by diyjake
That is a nice van! How much extra was it for the assist seat?

Don't let sticker shock surprise you.
An aftermarket seat installed was quoted at 9500 at one location, and over 10,000 at another.
And while functional, those seats would not match the rest of the interior, and only a 1 year warranty.
The seat from Toyota is 6500, is covered under the bumper to bumper and matches the rest of the captains chairs.
I know I sound like a sales person... I'm really not. Just excited about the way the thing works and the relief on my back and legs.

6500 extra is quite reasonable, kudos to Toyota, and great choice for you.

I wonder if there is a tax advantage available in this situation?

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by wemay
Originally Posted by wag123
The Auto Access Seat is an outstanding feature. Way to go Toyota!

This will be a game changer. Wonderful feature

I was thinking the same thing but I read that Toyota has had this feature available in the Sienna since 2011. It has to be one of the best kept secrets out there.

True ^^^^^^^^

And Toyota understands the aging people of our country needed something to help them... Very, very smart.

I don't think I'm the only one here who hasn't heard of this option. Toyota should be advertising it more. Then again, I don't watch network tv or have cable so I may have missed it.

It is a great feature. A lot of people can benefit from this mobility assist. It's not a new idea but Toyota offering it makes it easier than having a van modified by a outside shop.

I was not aware of this. Kudos to Toyota on thinking about this option. Minivans are for needs like this best option, but this is fantastic what they offered.
Everyone knows I absolutely hate Toyota in general, but practicality is hard to beat in these minivans, especially what they offered for your needs.

I recall seeing this option a couple years ago when I was shopping minivans. Glad to still see it around. I don't think Toyota advertises this at all, but I recall seeing it in the brochure.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by wemay
The Auto Access Seat is an outstanding feature. Way to go Toyota!

This will be a game changer. Wonderful feature

I was thinking the same thing but I read that Toyota has had this feature available in the Sienna since 2011. It has to be one of the best kept secrets out there.

Wow, it should be more widely marketed.

Toyota doesn't really need to advertise this. The people who really need something like this likely already know about it. Since they are limited production and not mass produced, they probably sell every one of them that they can manufacture without having to advertise it. I have never seen one in-person, dealers don't have these sitting on their lots.

Toyota doesn't really need to advertise this. The people who really need something like this likely already know about it. Since they are limited production and not mass produced, they probably sell every one of them that they can manufacture without having to advertise it. I have never seen one in-person, dealers don't have these sitting on their lots.

I like the comments so far, but respectfully disagree. I'm not being contrary or insulting, just IMO, and a little experience.

I've been looking for stuff the make my daughters life and mine as easy as possible for 25 years now. If you use any of the popular search engines, the Toyota Access Seat is not one of the big hits. Majority of hits will be for after-market, primarily the Braun Turny. You have to be pretty specific with search terms to get the option to come up, so I do think Toyota could have a better way of managing through their marketing arm the hits in say Google or Duck Duck. The hospital, the Cerebral Palsy Clinic at Children's Hospital, Physical Therapy, Orthopedic Surgeon... all of the staff that has dealt with my girl for a long time had no knowledge. All had 3rd party info though. The medical community is like any other. they stick together, recommending their partners in the industry. And lets say you have an aging family member that just needs a little help. You aren't looking into the "medical" options at all, but wondering what you could do. This is out there, and might be just the thing.
I don't think it is limited production from Toyota. It appears if you want one, or 500 of them, they will build one. And, since I got mine, my local dealer has ordered another for the showroom floor. I'm guessing he will sell more than a few vans with the option.
When mine was delivered, the sales person received calls asking if it was available from 2 other dealers. Apparently they have a live system that shows current inventory.
If you get a brochure for the Sienna, it's listed in the back. And you don't have to have a top of the line van to get it. It's available on their mid line van in matching cloth.
I'm still sold on the fact it matches the rest of the interior, and covered under the factory warranty. If it isn't "stowed" as they say, in the home position, the engine will start, but you can't move the shift lever. I like that it leans to duck the passengers head under the roofline both in and out so no bumps. The after-market seats have none of this convenience or safety features. And it lifts my beautiful girl smoothly, so I'm happy. So is she. And the seat is really comfortable. That's as important, because my girl has had many "repairs and mods" done to back, hip, legs, ankles, so pressure points and support is important.
In any case, YMMV, but so far this is really suitable for us, and is enabling more experiences. Mom took Daughter out for ice cream solo yesterday. That's worth the price of admission for me.

And you don't have to have a top of the line van to get it. It's available on their mid line van in matching cloth.
Toyota's website does not list it as being available on any other trim level than the XLE, and says that leather is standard. But, I defer to your personal experience with them since you just purchased one.

Toyota should definitely advertise this feature more. A lot of people can benefit from this mobility seat whether they are disabled or have physical difficulties. The fact that it is a factory option is a huge plus. I know someone who had a disabled child that had a assist installed in their Ford minivan some years back. That van started to rust away where the installation was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back