Shell Rotella Gas Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to post this on the Shell Rotella Gas Truck synthetic engine oil Q&A if a Moderator would oblige. Found it at Wally World and it is competitively priced as they said it would be. They have it at eye level too!

20190510_172439.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by GaryPoe
I wanted to post this on the Shell Rotella Gas Truck synthetic engine oil Q&A if a Moderator would oblige. Found it at Wally World and it is competitively priced as they said it would be. They have it at eye level too!

If you look closely you will see that thread was locked.

I tend to want to spend a couple bucks more for higher PAO in Mobil1 EP or AP, but, hey, this is a good Shell product, good for about any non-German gasoline engine with those specs. Priced well.

"Go ahead and search the VOA threads, I did a VOA on all three variations of RGT. It's nothing spectacular IMHO."

"It's a manly looking oil jug.
Will garner much respect from the public as you place it on the check out belt."

But......But.......It says it's truck oil with a picture of a truck pulling a boat!!!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by oldhp
"Go ahead and search the VOA threads, I did a VOA on all three variations of RGT. It's nothing spectacular IMHO."

"It's a manly looking oil jug.
Will garner much respect from the public as you place it on the check out belt."

But......But.......It says it's truck oil with a picture of a truck pulling a boat!!!!

Yes... could have been a bigger boat...

Originally Posted by nascarnation
It's a manly looking oil jug.
Will garner much respect from the public as you place it on the check out belt.

Nothing manlier than a full-size pickup, towing at max capacity! Err, um, I mean an '18 center-console "dinghy"....lol

Originally Posted by GaryPoe
Originally Posted by oldhp
Yes... could have been a bigger boat...
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by BLND1
smirk2.gif

Oh look - negative posts on non-shell products and completely useless marketing posts on a new shell product that has been done to death already.

Dude, which thread are you in!? What exactly is your agenda, newb, with 144 posts?

Originally Posted by BLND1
Oh look - negative posts on non-shell products and completely useless marketing posts on a new shell product that has been done to death already.

Are you implying that Shell products never get negative posts and completely useless marketing posts for other companies' products don't happen here?

I have it in my Frontier now. Thought I would try it because it has decent levels of moly, zinc and is on the thick end of the 5w-30 scale. My truck does haul a small travel trailer and spend time off road in the Nevada desert. I'll run a UOA at the oil change and see how it does. No complaints so far.

My Walmart had it for about a month or two, they don't seem to have it anymore. Guess that means nobody bought it.

Saw tons of it at my local TSC. IIRC it was $30 for the 5qrt jug. For that price it should be 6rts and have a bigger boat on the label. Most modern trucks take more then 5qrts. They should up the size to 6 or go down to 1gal like the hdeo's.

I put it in my Tahoe for its second oil change. It seemed to have quieted the engine somewhat. Still trying to determine if it was just new oil or it was actually this oil. I'm not one to try to stretch out my oci. I change my oil every 5,000 miles come he'll or high water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back