2020 Toyota Sienna

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first Japanese car since 1980.
Initial impression is very nice, well appointed, quiet. Seriously, you cannot hear the engine at idle standing next to the car.
But that's not why I bought it.
I simply cannot lift my special needs daughter in and out of the Chrysler any more. She is a grown adult now. Toyota fills a need and is the only manufacturer currently installing assist seats from the factory.
You may have aging parents, or other mobility compromised individuals that need a lift. This will do it, provided they weigh 350 or less.
And the van is rather nice as well. Built on Thursday the 2nd in about 18 hours at the Princeton, Indiana plant.
Good job Toyota!
(Yes, I already have 0w20 Valvoline at the ready...)

Look, comment.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
I was not aware of the mobility assist feature for the rear seat. That is a great idea.

Congrats on your new Sienna.

Very nice.

Many members such as Edyvw absolutely love this vehicle.
28.gif

Seriously though, nice ride. I like the chair-lift. Q: Does the chair also tilt forward?

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Very nice.

Many members such as Edyvw absolutely love this vehicle.
28.gif

Seriously though, nice ride. I like the chair-lift. Q: Does the chair also tilt forward?

Easiest way to answer is to watch.
The lift acts like a normal seat when stowed. Fore and aft, back tilts for comfort.
When it extends, it tilts to avoid any head bumps coming out.

My Wife is in a wheelchair but she can walk short distance (a few steps). The Caravan seat is a little to high to get her in it so I built a small step which works great. I would love to see that seat in the passenger seat. With aging mother, wife in wheelchair and 3 grandchildren Caravan is perfect with exception of that seat. That is a nice vehicle so enjoy.

Originally Posted by wag123
The Auto Access Seat is an outstanding feature. Way to go Toyota!

This will be a game changer. Wonderful feature

Originally Posted by wemay
Originally Posted by wag123
The Auto Access Seat is an outstanding feature. Way to go Toyota!

This will be a game changer. Wonderful feature

I was thinking the same thing but I read that Toyota has had this feature available in the Sienna since 2011. It has to be one of the best kept secrets out there.

Last edited:
This is a great feature. Why doesn't Toyota promote this at all? WiFi and lane keep assist is garbage compared to a feature like this.

I would be interested in future posts about your opinion on the use and durability of this system.

Good to know about, never heard of it. What a good parent, you deserve a lot of praise. She surely will appreciate the new car, for herself and for you.

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
Good to know about, never heard of it. What a good parent, you deserve a lot of praise. She surely will appreciate the new car, for herself and for you.

My thoughts exactly. Good job, OP.

Very nice job and congrats. I really like that it is factory installed and comes with the 3yr warranty. I have seen a few Braun handicap assist equipped vans before however I have read that some of those at $10-15K in cost.

Originally Posted by diyjake
That is a nice van! How much extra was it for the assist seat?

Don't let sticker shock surprise you.
An aftermarket seat installed was quoted at 9500 at one location, and over 10,000 at another.
And while functional, those seats would not match the rest of the interior, and only a 1 year warranty.
The seat from Toyota is 6500, is covered under the bumper to bumper and matches the rest of the captains chairs.
I know I sound like a sales person... I'm really not. Just excited about the way the thing works and the relief on my back and legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back