OEM lugnuts 385 to replace

Status
Not open for further replies.
In another post I asked BITOG to recommend a quality lug nut for the Fusion since the OEM's were worn out. I knew I would end up replacing them soon because they're terrible. However, I figured I would mention the lug nuts while it was in for a warranty item today. They recognized the poor quality and said no, you would have to purchase them for 385.00. So at 19.25 each Ford is really proud of their lug nuts.

Why would anyone want to replace those crappy Ford lug nuts with the same part? McGard is the only way to go.

I just bought a set (20) of McGard lug nuts for $60 Cdn to replace the two piece ones on my Buick. I am impressed with the McGards' quality. Amazon sell them...

Well, I would only want the Ford lug nuts if they were free. That would buy me another couple years before I would have to spend money on lug nuts. Would have been nice if they said wow, those lug nuts are really rounded, lets get you some new ones. What was I thinking.

Most of the late model Ford cars have lugnuts which a chrome sleeve on them that crushes over time to the point of not being able to place a socket on them. I just replaced the ones on my son's 2015 Mustang GT. Discount Tire has a display of them to show people what happens to them--they are junk and I am not sure I would want them even if they were free.

I bought a set of 20 Honda lug nuts on ebay for less than $20. They were factory takeoffs. Essentially brand new. Free shipping and no tax either.

Paying almost $20 each for a set of lug nuts is so outrageous, it's hard to believe. The only thing I can think is they are priced that high for the profit on collision jobs. If insurance is paying for it, and the customer demands OE parts, their insurance will have to buy the $20 lug nuts. No one else will, but I am thinking they do not care, they are just after the money from the body shops buying them for insurance jobs.

I have a 2012 Fusion that i bought with 'swolen lug nuts' from a dealer. You have to beat a socket on to each one to attempt removing them. Luckily i bought from a dealership and they replaced them under warranty of a used car..

I bought an extra set on ebay using the part number. I think i paid $40 for 20 oem lug nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back