5G - Health Effects

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder is all the people living with a cell phone stuck to their ears care about the signal.

It doesn't matter, we are all going to die in less than twelve years anyway.

Oh wait, they just took that back.

It is not much different from 2G, 3G, 4G, LTE, whatever.

If you live fine with FM radio and TV antenna on your roof for the last 70 years, chances are you will be fine. Because most of the traffic is downstream from the tower to your phone, not the other way around.

I've carried a cell phone for almost 2 decades now and spent a lot of time on it both against my head and in my pocket with some sort of bluetooth attached to it. I haven't encountered health problems related to it and I go for an MRI every couple of years to keep tabs on a health problem.

Originally Posted by PimTac
It doesn't matter, we are all going to die in less than twelve years anyway.

Oh wait, they just took that back.

Good point !

very little wireless anything for me! the 5G is said to need to have their devices on a lot of existing telephone-electric poles near you + is worse than anything before you! prescription drugs kill you as well as poor uninformed Drs without issue just another legal murder IMO for $$$$$

Originally Posted by benjy
very little wireless anything for me! the 5G is said to need to have their devices on a lot of existing telephone-electric poles near you + is worse than anything before you! prescription drugs kill you as well as poor uninformed Drs without issue just another legal murder IMO for $$$$$

Indeed if you value your security online use wired devices whenever possible. No wifi in my home, and I only use mobile data for mundane things like checking the weather, ect.

Last edited:

Yeah, hey, good point!!!

Originally Posted by CT8
I wonder is all the people living with a cell phone stuck to their ears care about the signal.

Nobody sticks a cell phone in their ear anymore.
They all just stare at them...

Originally Posted by Imp4
Originally Posted by CT8

Nobody sticks a cell phone in their ear anymore.
They all just stare at them...

And I just like to use speakerphone or bluetooth so I rarely have it stuck to my ear.

The universe is still headed for the heat death in about 10 to the 1000 years although I believe the sun will turn into a red giant in 4.5 billion years. But before that, the sun will continue to increase it's output such that in 1.1 billion years, it will be 10% brighter and we'll probably end up like Venus so we have less time than you think.

You are getting a lot more radiation from the nuclear furnace in the sky and it does not matter if you have a phone or not. Radio waves are still bouncing off of you and if you eat bananas for get about it.

Dave,

I forget where I read it but it said something to the effect of this... "You are bombarded by more radiation in a day from the universe in multiple forms, than you would be in a lifetime of being on your cell phone 24/7"

I don't recall where that was written but I believe it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by StevieC
Dave,

I forget where I read it but it said something to the effect of this... "You are bombarded by more radiation in a day from the universe in multiple forms, than you would be in a lifetime of being on your cell phone 24/7"

I don't recall where that was written but I believe it.

And don't forget all those gravity waves going through your body stretching it and compressing it although that doesn't seem to have any negative health consequences unless you happen to be very close to such an event.

https://astronomynow.com/2019/05/05...ns-observe-multiple-gravity-wave-events/

Originally Posted by dave1251

You are getting a lot more radiation from the nuclear furnace in the sky and it does not matter if you have a phone or not. Radio waves are still bouncing off of you and if you eat bananas for get about it.

Bananas? I eat one for my work snack every day between breakfast and lunch.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm

Bananas contain Potassium-40, a radioactive isotope. You'd have to eat 10,000,000 bananas at once to die from radiation sickness or 274 bananas a day for 7 years to see any ill effects though.

Originally Posted by Skippy722
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm

Bananas contain Potassium-40, a radioactive isotope. You'd have to eat 10,000,000 bananas at once to die from radiation sickness or 274 bananas a day for 7 years to see any ill effects though.

That's bananas. Lots of stuff will kill you if you take too much of it. Pretty much any medication like Aspirin or Tylenol can kill you with just a little too much. Overdosing on meds is a pretty common way to die. Even fluoride in the water is used as a rat poison in high concentrations. The lethal dose for floride is 5-10 grams. There's about .5 to 1 mg per liter of water, so you'd have to drink about 5000 to 10000 liters of water to get a lethal dose, but I guess you'd probably be dead from too much water way before you get to 1000 liters. The antivaxers are nuts when they go on and on about mercury. Mercury is even in the fish we eat.

Dropped my phone the other day (it's in an otter box case) and broke the motion sensor, it will no longer shift home screen orientation or photos from portrait to landscape when you hold it sideways. If I choose to get a new phone, which is a good choice for 5G compatibility?

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Dropped my phone the other day (it's in an otter box case) and broke the motion sensor, it will no longer shift home screen orientation or photos from portrait to landscape when you hold it sideways. If I choose to get a new phone, which is a good choice for 5G compatibility?

I think you need to figure out when 5G is actually coming to your area. You're probably fine with any old phone. It was years before they shut off 3g so you don't really need 5G at this point.

I like my Samsung S8, they usually have a good sale around black friday, usually $300-$350 off or a BOGO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back