Lexus GX 470 purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
finally found a GX at the right price ....166k mostly dealer maintained...runs drives and looks sweet take delivery next week.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

out of the north burbs of Indianapolis so very little frame rust..needs a TB in 30k and the rest is complicated with all thats these have going on...I'll have to cross my fingers and wish for the best but can see trans, diffs and pads right away just to be sure.

yah, they call it the 'baby Land Cruiser' cause the power train matches exactly....V8 AWD H/L

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dblshock
yah, they call it the 'baby Land Cruiser' cause the power train matches exactly....V8 AWD H/L

Yeah, looks real good. Nice find!

Last edited:
Yours looks perfect! My wife and I love ours. Now for the fluid changes
banana2.gif

One problem I had with mine that was causing it to throw all kinds of code ended up being a bad alternator. So, the moral of this sentence is if you start getting all kinds of CEL's, check your alternator before you start chasing down the codes.
Once I replaced the alternator every code disappeared and has never come back.

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by das_peikko
It's got two stick shifts.
confused2.gif

4wd range. You're looking at a tarted up LandCruiser.

Tarted up 4 Runner.

The tarted up Land Cruiser is the LX570. Much bigger truck.

Great find. This is a nice truck.

Originally Posted by Astro14
Originally Posted by Ws6
confused2.gif

Tarted up 4 Runner.

This doesn't share a platform with the 4Runner, does it?

Originally Posted by Astro14
Originally Posted by Ws6
confused2.gif

Tarted up 4 Runner.

Apparently it's a tarted-up Land Cruiser Prado:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
It is interesting to note, that although Toyota Motor Corporation's (TMC) iconic Land Cruiser (LC) wearing the Toyota badge is available globally in both a full and mid-size versions, depending on where the mid-size LC is marketed it wears either the Toyota LC Prado or the LEXUS GX badge. There are a few important market-driven, market-exclusive options available for the Prado and the GX, such as the Prado having a diesel engine option, right-hand steering, rear door mounted spare tire, to name a few but essentially the GX series is the Toyota Land Cruiser Prado model rebadged with the LEXUS name plates and fitted with additional luxury trim. Both the GX and Prado share a common platform, mechanicals, and a great majority of bodywork, and therefore share common basic dimensions. Likewise, the interiors were much the same with the GX receiving further premium touches. Both versions employ body-on-frame construction (BOF), an electronically controlled five-speed automatic transmission, and permanent four-wheel drive with a center locking Torsen differential.

Lexus GX, Toyota FJ Cruiser and 4Runner all the same platform...like our 4th gen 4Runner wanted another finally gave up so frustrating to buy then this popped up not as well known apparently. this is the same as a 4th gen 4Runner Limited.

My son is getting the Civic in my sig..going to miss it especially the fuel economy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back