Chevy Sonic - Any GM parts experts out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will not trust our local Midas to even put on a muffler.

Hope yours is better.

Go to a good front end alignment shop and have them quote or recommend someone if they only do alignments. Want a good recommendation on alignments then one go to a independent tire dealer and ask who they use.

Rod

Originally Posted by Randy_R
Originally Posted by mattd
There will be a sticker either on the inside of the glove box or in the trunk near the spare tire with the suspension code. Check to see which one is on that sticker.
Same here. Find the sticker.
This was good advice - the sticker was well-hidden - I found it on the side of the spare tire well in the trunk, taking a 2nd look. Anyway, the 3-letter codes were alphetical (phew) and I did find the suspected Q1H code partway through the list. My friend placed an order with Rock Auto a few minutes ago.

Originally Posted by Diesel12
Q1H-Tire All - P195/65R15 SL 89H BW AL2
QLG-Tire All - P205/55R16 SL 89H BW AL3
RKJ-Unknown

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
Those are GM RPO (Regular production option) codes. GM makes this stuff easy as long as no one peels the sticker off or it isn't damaged. It may be on the spare tire cover, glove box, trunk lid...

Possibly:

Q1H : TIRE ALL P195/65R15 SL 89H BW AL2

QLG : TIRE ALL, P205/55R16/N BL R/PE ST TL AL3

RKJ : TIRE ALL P205/50R17 SL 88H BW AL3
Q1H confirmed! Thanks guys, excellent advice.

We have a 2015 Sonic 1.8l , purchased new . So far it has been a pretty good car . Pretty good MPG . Has sufficient power , at least for us old folks .

Wyr
God bless

Originally Posted by double vanos
Wonder if that leaking shock wasn't oil sprayed on the shock by a "technician ".

My thought as well. Most Midas stores are shady as heck.

I actually like the Sonic! Much more fun to drive than the Cruze.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back