Ever owned a vehicle(s) with only front seats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1979 PowerWagon
2005 Dodge Hemi
2006 GMC 4WD

Now
2018 Z71

541C7709-E7C6-41D5-A68A-3FC612A2B4E0.jpeg

I've had a few that effectively had only front seats. My current Mazda3 doesn't have rear seats for the typical adult. Ditto the Scion tC I had a decade ago. Only kids would fit back there...

A couple pickup trucks, all of my company leased cars per IRS regulations for work and commute.
My Nephew had a GTO with rear seat delete option, and that was probably the smallest of mods done to it.

My parents in the late 50s had a 2 door Pontiac with only a 4" factory stock? platform where the back seat should be.

Yes, had 2 Dodge PU's.

A '72 Power Wagon that we used to run a small business with a buddy of mine(RIP) when we were young(er). '72-'77.

And again, a '97 RAM 2500 when we were doing lawn care in '97-'04.

He passed in '05...RIP

That's one I missed … had one of the early GMC 2500 6.2L Diesel … around 1985 I'm thinking …

1989 CRX...not the Si or the HF, just a plain CRX with an auto tranny.
Not powerful at all, but fun to drive in some ways....with such a low center of gravity and vehicle weight, I rarely slowed down for turns. People who rode with me had to learn to hold on.
A friend who borrowed the car told me she was amazed at how good the pickup was at 90mph...I was like, why do you know how MY car behaves at 90mph?!?!?!
Another friend who drove it said it compared favorably with his parents' 944 (non-turbo), but he pulled back on that comment later.
It was reliable, no major repairs despite a tiny oil leak from the head as discovered by a Honda dealer. I can't remember exactly where it was, but the dealer's mechanic told me the head (not head gasket) was leaking and needed to be replaced. I was suspicious and took it to another place that sold Honda motorcycles, snowblowers, etc and also would repair the cars...they had a very good reputation around Schaumburg. The mechanic told me that the dealer's diagnosis was basically impossible and then found the tiny trace of baked on oil they were referring to...he couldn't believe it, kept shaking his head! I asked him if I should follow through with the recommended repair and he said HECK NO, just keep an eye on it and bring it back to him if it got worse. I checked on it every so often the remaining few years I had the car and it never changed.
This was not a practical vehicle when I moved to New England, the road ruts around here were much deeper than the clearance of the CRX...I tried to ride the high ridges in the streets for about 9 months and then got an Outback.

EDIT - should have mentioned that my insurance was MUCH higher in the two seat CRX than it would have been in a Regal GN, which was the first car I thought of when I started car shopping (yeah, I know that's a huge swing). Buick was rude enough to stop producing the GNs before I was ready to buy....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back