This has to be the worst fuel filter made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought 2 of these universal fuel filters for my tractor. The first one swelled up like a football. The element fell out of its spot and allowed junk into my carburetor.

The fuel is gravity fed from the gas tank so it didn't get over pressurized. Its aparantly made from a material that's not compatible with our gas.

IMG_20190512_190350.jpg

Originally Posted by mattwithcats
Try a Wix 33033 for 3/8 inch fuel lines,
Or Wix 33031 for 1/4 inch...

Metal can, 15 micron...

5/16 line.it got a Chinese wix 33032

Ahhh, the craptastic quality of replacement parts. I am doing a rear brake for the second time as the new, leading brand name, cylinder leaked as soon as I installed it.... Frustrating, and looking (and paying) for the better brands only seems to reduce but not eliminate the chance of a bad part.

Last edited:
Can't believe I'm recommending a FRAM, but Walmart used to carry some clear FRAM branded ones (been years since I actually looked to see if they still carry them) I've used them on generators and lawn mowers.
Probably not the best, but it may get you back up and running.
Never had one swell up or come apart on me, so I don't know of their longevity.
Always used the "If it looks bad change it out" logic.

I buy and use the NAPA Gold 3011 for my John Deere. The John Deere filters are over $10 at Home Depot, about $5 if I mail order them, and the NAPA Gold filters are a $1 when they're on sale a few times each year. I buy four of them per year and change my filter out every three months.

The OEM John Deere filter (AM116304) has barbs on the ends to hold the fuel line on and the NAPA 3011 filters don't but I use clamps to hold things tight so it isn't a problem.

OEM John Deere filter is made in Israel. The NAPA Gold is made in the Russian Federation. I've never had a failure with either product and purchase these cheapies based on cost.

Originally Posted by dlundblad
What's the ethanol content out in California?

10%. Same as many states. You would think that they would take this into consideration.

Last edited:
How times change.....

YEARS AGO a pal scored a "boardful" of inline filters.
It was a nearly full pegboard display from a hardware store which was clearing out ahead of a remodeling and assumption of a centralized inventory system (Ace or TruValue).

Over the years I never heard of any one of them failing.

Originally Posted by Chris142
Originally Posted by dlundblad
What's the ethanol content out in California?

10%. Same as many states. You would think that they would take this into consideration.

It's odd you're having issues.

I've run cheap OPE filters before with no issues whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back