Jeep turned 200k this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
While driving to get a new starter for said Jeep I rolled 200,000 miles. Still runs great. The only things replaced have been Radiator twice, Water Pump, Brakes, Alternator, Plugs and coils, And today the original starter started hanging up. I need to replace the front driveshaft too. Over all it's been pretty good to me. Im the second owner and have records since new.

20190512_090429.jpg

Congratulations, quite a milestone. My 2005 Chevy 5.3 is at 205,000 now. I use the Maxlife 10w30 as well.

Nice! My son and I are fixing up a 2004 with the 4.7. It was running great, but suddently decided it doesn't want to start. I'm suspecting the starter has given up. Otherwise, it is in pretty good shape with only 104k miles on it. I'm looking forward to seeing my son run it out past 200k. As long as they aren't allowed to overheat, those 4.7's are very long-lived engines!

Originally Posted by IndyFan
Nice! My son and I are fixing up a 2004 with the 4.7. It was running great, but suddently decided it doesn't want to start. I'm suspecting the starter has given up. Otherwise, it is in pretty good shape with only 104k miles on it. I'm looking forward to seeing my son run it out past 200k. As long as they aren't allowed to overheat, those 4.7's are very long-lived engines!

Neutral safety switch is common on these too. make sure to check it.

Originally Posted by HangFire
Congratulations on a great milestone.

What, no front wheel bearings yet?

No Wheel Bearings yet though I did forget a CV Axle about 20k miles ago.

Originally Posted by Slick17601
I have a friend with a 2004 4.7 with 254,000. It still runs decent but burns a quart of oil to a tank of gas.

Yikes! Mine consumes about half a quart every OCI.

200K crossing is an exciting milestone for a first-timer. I've done it 4-5 times now. Never exceeded 260K with any of em', before needing to see a junkyard around 18 years-old. Engines still ran fine. But the bodies were badly rusted. Sign of the times for Michigan, where road salt is used heavily in winters here.

Last edited:
188,300 on my 2008 F150

I have replaced one alternator.

That's it.

yep, no lie. nothing else. (I don't count brake pads, rotors, etc..)

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
200K crossing is an exciting milestone for a first-timer. I've done it 4-5 times now. Never exceeded 260K with any of em', before needing to see a junkyard around 18 years-old. Engines still ran fine. But the bodies were badly rusted. Sign of the times for Michigan, where road salt is used heavily in winters here.

I have owned two with 350k +. The second one I sold and it went on to pass 400k. It was a 1990 Ford Ranger.

Congrats! I have pics somewhere of my Aerostar odometer at 199999.9, and 200000.0. It could have gone a lot more, but NY roads, and failing suspension, etc. made it not worth keeping. I ended up junking it at 212K miles.

Originally Posted by Blkstanger
Originally Posted by JLTD
Congrats!

Year and engine?
1999 4.7 V8

I agree ^^^^...

You are now a "official" 1%er
lol.gif

Nice! My father had a 1999 WJ Limited with the 4.7 V8. Only needed a radiator, starter, front driveshaft, and a cat back exhaust. The exhaust was the result of him getting stuck in the woods with a trailer and backing over a rock which ripped it off. He traded in the Jeep at 200k and it ran great and returned 20 mpg highway still. The 4.7L has it's flaws, but his went without issue despite the serious abuse it received, mainly towing over the rating multiple times and being used to pull stumps and large rocks out of his yard.

if you maintain them the 4.7s run great, freind had a 2000 Dakota with one and sold it with 260K and ran great.

Mine has been good in my 02 WJ

CONGRATS!! That's a nice milestone.

I thought for sure mine would've made it to 200,000 at least. It was well maintained since new, never overheated, yet still dropped a valve seat (maybe a few) at just over 153,000 miles. Still miss that truck.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back