LS2 Valve Cover Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pulled my valve covers to swap out pushrods. It's stupid easy on this car. Here are a couple of pics for your viewing pleasure. Excuse the blur, my hands get shaky.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Short version: Aftermarket cam, lifters, pushrods; valve train noisy due to pushrods being slightly short.

Changing out the lifters themselves though is not quite what I would label "easy", as the heads MUST come off on LSs/LTx engines.
frown.gif

(I know, as I had a 4th gen LS1 Z28 before the car in sig.)

Originally Posted by dailydriver

Yes, I know, too. No access in the valley, and they won't fit through the little pushrod holes.
wink.gif
Did it all myself a little over a year ago. The only reason I upgraded anything is because of the original failure. Why is my engine squeaking?!

[Linked Image]

I will add that the oily side of the heads were just as clean as they are now. All the gunk was in the combustion chambers and intake ports.

Originally Posted by MrMoody
Originally Posted by dailydriver

Yes, I know, too. No access in the valley, and they won't fit through the little pushrod holes.
wink.gif
Did it all myself a little over a year ago. The only reason I upgraded anything is because of the original failure. Why is my engine squeaking?!

Yeah, mine did not even give me that much warning, it just started CLACKING LOUDLY after I came off of the highway one day.

The next oil change revealed the roller's needle bearings, and some lifter chunks stuck to the drain plug's magnet.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back