Valvoline Heavy Duty 15w40 w/ Maxlife: DISCONTINUED?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This oil is half price at Wal-Mart. Has anybody heard if it's been discontinued?

Screenshot_20190511-073823.jpg

I think the wording on the jug is becoming the pass/fail although i like the american flag on the jug..

example: Rotella Gas Truck for towing..

The Heavy Duty Diesel wording probably makes the guys with cummins, powerstrokes and duramaxes think its for big rigs.

I suspect the new trend will be Diesel Truck Oil. *with a nice picture of a pickup truck towing something..

...and just to add, it's my understanding that this doesn't contain any additional seal swellers like traditional Maxlife does and that its only "high mileage" feature is being more thick.

Yup grabbed the last 2 of these @ $4 each clearance JUST as the auto dept lady was putting them on shelf lol

This goodness is going in my buddies 98 Ram diesel

Dave

They don't discount these in Fort Worth. They'll put a "clearance" sticker on them... at full price
31.gif

However, with my Walmart credit card this was an easy "3 clicks and done" order to place. Shipped free to my house.

It will be what my 7.5L/460 Ford motorhome and my K3500 454 will be getting on their next changes.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by krismoriah72
I think the wording on the jug is becoming the pass/fail although i like the american flag on the jug..

example: Rotella Gas Truck for towing..

The Heavy Duty Diesel wording probably makes the guys with cummins, powerstrokes and duramaxes think its for big rigs.

I suspect the new trend will be Diesel Truck Oil. *with a nice picture of a pickup truck towing something..

Marketing for the easy to fool.

Had a 4 quart jug of 15W-40 Supertech at $9.98
and a 5 quart jug of 20W-50 Supertech at $12.88

These were the last two sale-y items and once again it's top up oil for the nice hot summer.

See it, grab it, gone.

Oh wow, looks like I can get it too !!

[Linked Image]

Time to see how many I can get..
Okay, no limit.
Picking up 5. Might get more next week.

[Linked Image]

Free shipping over $35 so get 5 or more yourself. I may get 5 more next week.

Originally Posted by Chris142
We had to go "down the hill". Sold out at the store we stopped at.

Go online, it is free shipping after $35.

Might follow Audios lead and get 6 more next week not 5. If it is still there. Seems it will be

Originally Posted by talest

Might follow Audios lead and get 6 more next week not 5. If it is still there. Seems it will be

Ya but I have to go get it at the store? Its 45 min 1 way to Walmart for me. Hardly worth it. Or is that shipped to home?

Originally Posted by talest

Ya but I have to go get it at the store? Its 45 min 1 way to Walmart for me. Hardly worth it. Or is that shipped to home?

With walmart.com it's free shipping to your door after $35

Dave

Originally Posted by SavagePatch
This oil is half price at Wal-Mart. Has anybody heard if it's been discontinued?

Definitely not discontinued. Was at wal mart near gf's place and nabbed 10 jugs at $2.97/gallon. Ordered last 10 at other wal mart bit ago for same price per gallon. Girlfriend was at the wal mart I ordered last 10 online and said tons of it and white jug 15w40 on shelf. So much for discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back