Traveller 15w-40 from Tractor Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hit return befor I finished thinking.

daman: I was passing thru Sandusky, SIL/BIL farm just north of Ubly (they are part of the Van Erp clan in your neck of the woods)

I did not bother with the TBN - I'm cheap and I was primarily interested in the ZDDP, I follow a 3,6,9 oil change interval (ie. xx3,333, xx6,666 and xx9,999 miles) easly to keep up w/ oil changes when the odometer is staring me in the face. So with my limited understaning of what the TBN represents, I suspect (hope) that it is not of great importance to me. Both of my vehicles that are currently using this oil are gasoline engines w/ flat tappet cam/lifters

Originally Posted By: aribert
daman: I was passing thru Sandusky, SIL/BIL farm just north of Ubly (they are part of the Van Erp clan in your neck of the woods)

Ahh ok Dan then or?

i know Rod,Dave real well sure,know all the boys....any way thanks for the update!
thumbsup2.gif

I know it's an old thread but is Warren still making this stuff? I picked up 6 quarts for my old Bronco with a tappet V8 figuring it had a bunch of zinc in it as it's mostly sold to farmers with older tractors. One bottle said WPP on the bottom but the others, which were a different style don't have it so maybe they've switched suppliers? I have no doubt it's fine oil, just curious about who makes it now or if Warren just upgraded to different bottles and hid the WPP elsewhere that I'm not seeing!

Originally Posted by jongies3
Thanks! Don't think I've heard of them before. Have to do some research!
cool.gif

It seems to have good zinc and phos levels

I have noticed that usually the farm supply stores house brands usually get good reviews and people get good UOA with them. Tractor Supply, Rural King etc... I have used both in the past and felt the value is certainly there. Compare brand name oils in the same store its huge price difference.

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
I have noticed that usually the farm supply stores house brands usually get good reviews and people get good UOA with them. Tractor Supply, Rural King etc... I have used both in the past and felt the value is certainly there. Compare brand name oils in the same store its huge price difference.

Indeed! Rotella was on sale and the Traveller was still almost $5 less at regular price which is why I went with it. Rig only gets used in the summer and gets changed annually so no need to get fancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back