Valvoline Full Synthetic High Mileage 10W-30 - looks wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent the first pic to them before I opened this post, and this latest pic a few minutes ago. I will post their reply into this thread when I receive it.

Yes, just weird. Oil doesn't separate like that. Sometimes people report some additive fallout settling solids (small amount) to the bottom of a jug or bottle, but not this phenomenon.
As said above, maybe shake it up really good in the jug and immediately pour the mixture into a clean empty glass jar for viewing later.
Shake up a bit together (to make sure the clear part mixes with the brown part temporarily) and put it in a solid jar, pad it like crazy, put in small box and mail to Valvoline after they give you a routing address via a contact there.

Originally Posted by tomlct
I flipped it over a few times and no change. When I first poured it out, it looked like an almost clear sunflower cooking oil.
So now, I poured it into a 2 litre clear plastic soda bottle, and look at this. Could this be base stock & no additives? I am pretty sure I poured out all of it. It was twilight, but I would say I could see the bottom of the Valvoline bottle after I poured this mess out.
I wonder how this would do in a torture test.

Not normal and not oil alone in that bottle. Something added that just don't belong.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Oil does not separate like that, nor like the pictures posted in the other thread similar to this one. Some people have reported what they think is additive fallout but that is something completely different.

There are only two reasonable answers to this issue. One is that someone put something back in a bottle which was returned to the store, or that someone is making up stories.

Under no circumstances would I ever shake that and put it in my engine. No matter what Valvoline says motor oil does not separate as shown in your picture.

Happy birthday kschachn!
cheers3.gif

When I first saw the picture in the original post,I thought the bottle on the left was only filled to the 16oz point. Weird looking stuff in your 2nd picture!

Originally Posted by GaryPoe
First SuperTech now Valvoline
confused.gif
whats going on here...

Man,no doubt huh!
50.gif

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
confused.gif
whats going on here...
Man,no doubt huh!
50.gif

I'm going to be paranoid-careful from now on.

confused.gif
whats going on here...

I would say that both oils were tampered with in the store or returned to the store after being tampered with. Valvoline and Warren Distribution are quality conscious blenders.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Oil does not separate like that, nor like the pictures posted in the other thread similar to this one. Some people have reported what they think is additive fallout but that is something completely different.

There are only two reasonable answers to this issue. One is that someone put something back in a bottle which was returned to the store, or that someone is making up stories.

Under no circumstances would I ever shake that and put it in my engine. No matter what Valvoline says motor oil does not separate as shown in your picture.

Happy birthday kschachn.... Best detective on bitog
lol.gif

Originally Posted by blupupher
Originally Posted by JLTD
Could be the plastic used in the bottle construction, colors varying. I'd pour it out into a clean container and pour the other bottle in and see if it looks the same.

If not, send in a sample of the bad oil...then contact Valvoline.

or just flip the bottle over...

Well now, see that's why I need a little help now and again.
33.gif

confused.gif
whats going on here...

Yeah, I would send some of that to valvoline for a VOA or explanation

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
confused.gif
whats going on here...

Absolutely! Now that it's two completely different oils with the same symptoms,it's really got my curiosity going!

confused.gif
whats going on here...

Absolutely! Now that it's two completely different oils with the same symptoms,it's really got my curiosity going!

Originally Posted by Nickdfresh
[Linked Image]

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5101090/1 is too similar to this one. Fake news here? I don't know, but this is just weird. Same person doing this?

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
confused.gif
whats going on here...

Originally Posted by Nickdfresh
[Linked Image]

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5101090/1 is too similar to this one. Fake news here? I don't know, but this is just weird. Same person doing this?

Thats my suspicion as well... But who knows
21.gif

Quote:
"https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5101090/1 is too similar to this one. Fake news here? I don't know, but this is just weird. Same person doing this?"

Reply:
I am the OP in the SuperTech thread. No, I am not trolling. As someone pointed out in the Supertech thread, they welcomed me back after 11 years of little to no posting.(I had nothing significant to contribute in those 11 years until now). I'm also almost 61 yrs. old, (May 31st if you want to wish me an early happy birthday). If you are into profiling, I doubt those two items befit the typical troll.
To verify whether I'm a troll or not you could inquire at the customer service desk at the Walmart my wife returned the oil to, -that store would be https://www.walmart.com/store/1330/lima-oh.

-BTW, I drained the 4 quarts of the 5 quart SuperTech jug out of the car, -maybe I'll post those pics over in the SuperTech thread. May you all believe what you wish to believe. Good wishes and happy motoring to you all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back