I hate Florida twice a year

Status
Not open for further replies.
So lovebug season again. My truck was spotless yesterday, but here we are
frown.gif
I went through the whole WW reservoir that I filled yesterday and I still have this.

Looking for a few recommendations

Wipers that can handle the abuse of these bugs. I have Bosch Icons now and they are crying uncle.
A good fluid for the reservoir that will help clean these bugs. Supertech bug juice is not working, maybe nothing will.
Something I can spray on my radiator to dissolve these bugs without harming the radiator itself. It is hard to clean behind the grill and it is getting very clogged

First pic the ww wiper is lifted back to reval all the bug carcasses.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Wow!! I thought the Mayfly hatchings along the Susquehanna River in PA were bad but nothing like you have there!!

Originally Posted by Boomer
Wow!! I thought the Mayfly hatchings along the Susquehanna River in PA were bad but nothing like you have there!!

This is 110 miles of bugs LOL. I had to stop at a carwash to clean because I could not see. Return trip is going to be worse I fear.

A piece of fine plastic screen over the grill would help keep them out of the A/C condenser & radiator. You just about need a tear away system on rollers (as in NASCAR windshields), that's the worst I've ever seen!

Re: Fluid
Bottles of Peroxide and a Mr. Clean "sponge" for stationary cleaning.
Bottle of Rubbing alcohol in Reservoir.
Box of 1 gallon WF bottles from Wally/Local parts store in the trunk/bed

Helpful tip for you. Lightly mist cooking spray or wd-40 on the front, the love bugs will slide right off the grill and mirrors. I go through it twice a year too, its awful with a white truck

I experienced Love Bugs for the first time last September. It wasn't nearly as bad as what you've posted here, though! Wow, crazy!

We were on vacation over on the gulf side and one day we walked out to the beach and could see a black line around where the surf ended. It was a line of love bugs that were being deposited on the shore by the water.

[Linked Image]

That is absolutely smashing, literally. Besides vision, as noted be concerned with AC condenser and radiator cooling. Hope car wash had a powerful spray jet.

A picture really is worth a thousand words. Incredible.

Wow! i live in West Kendall, near the everglades and have never seen it that bad. I don't think there's anything that can help that out other than a good wash after plague is over.

I have had the same problem, what you can't see in the picture is the nasty smell that comes with all those baked on bug guts as they get cooking in the sun and heat, especially as you try to clean them off.

Originally Posted by wemay
Wow! i live in West Kendall, near the everglades and have never seen it that bad. I don't think there's anything that can help that out other than a good wash after plague is over.

This was on Hwy 60 today. There were just clouds of them, mostly in Polk, Osceola, and Indian River.

I am going to Ft Lauderdale on Sunday so I will get to see how bad Alligator Alley is
smile.gif

+1 on 1978elcamino's suggestion of cooking oil/spray on the front surfaces. Can't use it on Windows of course. Maybe a good cleaning and then RainX as someone else mentioned.

Originally Posted by NO2
Positively biblical!

With a Florida twist.

Where are the gators and the chickens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back