Alkylate Fuel For OPE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody used something Alkylate fuel in their OPE?

I've never heard of it before but was googling E0 Petrol in the UK and come across a company called ASPEN...

https://aspenfuel.co.uk/

Certainly interesting. There's a supplier a stones throw from my house so I may consider picking some up.

I only use around 5 litres of petrol in my mower and 1 litre of 50:1 in my strimmer every year. That usually costs me around £10 including the two stroke oil.

The ASPEN would cost me £25, but apparently will keep things much cleaner and should be nicer to use.

What do we think?

How can a simple petrol hydrocarbon chemical be Alkylate?

Aren't hydrocarbons supposed to be PH neutral?

Originally Posted by Linctex
How can a simple petrol hydrocarbon chemical be Alkylate?

Aren't hydrocarbons supposed to be PH neutral?

Alkylate is a chemical.

Alkaline is a PH.
lol.gif

Last edited:
I love the stuff.

I have too much of a yard to use it all the time, but when I put something away for the off season, I run that fuel because it doesn't go bad nearly as quickly as pump fuel. I also run it in my chainsaw that gets used almost exclusively for pruning a few branches here and there. I've also had a few friends who have forgotten to drain out the fuel from last year and have issues with their engines running well. A tank full will sort them out more often than not.

It's worth the cost.

Its great stuff. For 24$ a gallon it should be. I splurged and bought a quart of 40:1 pre-mix last yr. Very convenient to use. I saved the can and use it to mix my oily 32:1 universal 2 stroke mix a quart at a time to preserve freshness. The weed wacker and the Lawnboy love it.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back