Anyone using Schaeffer's 7000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if anyone is using Schaeffer's 7000 para syn oil, or any Schaeffer's products for that matter, currently. I know in the earlier years of this forum their products were highly touted.

Guys on the PowerStroke pages love Schaeffers. It is the holy grail for the troublesome 6.0 and its HEUI system. I'd run it but I'm not paying those crazy prices and then having to wait for it to ship, hate MLM schemes and will not use an oil even as good as AMSOIL just because of it. I want to go into the store, buy it and run it, same day. These idiots like AMSOIL and Schaeffers would sell a TON more oil if they would just wake up and do this.

I used it in my 05 Impala and have no complaints. I only ran it long enough to use up what I bought just because it's a bit pricey for a semi-synthetic, but overall it worked well.

I used to use it with good results
My daughters husbands work uses it for bearing grease and gear boxes. They seem to like it. And the grease has to be food grade.
The local Napa's have it in stock.

Originally Posted by racin4ds
Guys on the PowerStroke pages love Schaeffers. It is the holy grail for the troublesome 6.0 and its HEUI system. I'd run it but I'm not paying those crazy prices and then having to wait for it to ship, hate MLM schemes and will not use an oil even as good as AMSOIL just because of it. I want to go into the store, buy it and run it, same day. These idiots like AMSOIL and Schaeffers would sell a TON more oil if they would just wake up and do this.

Then go to Napa. A lot of the stores sell Schaeffer's products. Even some Ace Hardware locations do.

https://www.schaefferoil.com/retail-locations-by-state.html

Last edited:
Red, I'm not currently using Schaeffer's but have before (with a great UOA) and will again once my current stock is used up. 7000 is a solid oil with some PAO content and from everything I've seen is a very very good oil.

My rep suggested the 9000 for newer vehicles as it tests better, but since your vehicle is an '05 he'd probably recommend the 7000. I'm thinking 10k miles isn't out of the question.

Originally Posted by typ901

Then go to Napa. A lot of the stores sell Schaeffer's products. Even some Ace Hardware locations do.

https://www.schaefferoil.com/retail-locations-by-state.html

Yup, for Schaeffer it's the sales reps in the area that try to get it on the shelf....WM and other stores, Schaeffer's or Amsoil aren't on their plan-o-gram so they can't stock it.

I'd like to try it, and would even consider buying a case, but last time I talked to a local Schaeffer's rep, you had to buy a $375 minimum order. I know a local steel supply company sells their grease and penetrating oil, and I'm pretty sure a local indy parts store sells the moly ep additive. I'm going to look at that link posted and see if anything else shows up locally. The pricing from the rep was actually quite reasonable.

Originally Posted by Red91
I'd like to try it, and would even consider buying a case, but last time I talked to a local Schaeffer's rep, you had to buy a $375 minimum order. I know a local steel supply company sells their grease and penetrating oil, and I'm pretty sure a local indy parts store sells the moly ep additive. I'm going to look at that link posted and see if anything else shows up locally. The pricing from the rep was actually quite reasonable.

The $375 is for free shipping....just got to get 4 cases
grin2.gif
or some gear oil also.

But I like your idea of going to a local store where you can buy it....might be a bit more per quart than direct from Schaeffer though.

From what I recall, shipping wasn't going to be an issue, because he's just located in the next county. I could drive and pick it up for that matter. It's been a couple of years though, so I could be wrong. Reading through threads back around 02-05, this stuff was being raved about and members were even using Schaeffer's moly ep additive to "improve" Mobil 1. I've noticed on the website that the current 7000 formulation exceeds sn+.

Yeah I'm not sure, I'd have to contact him again. The only way I could justify spending that much would be if I could resell some of it for a profit. I really don't want more than a case, and I don't have a use for any of their other products, unless maybe I bought some of their transmission fluid. I really haven't planned on servicing the transmission until around 100k, and the cars only got 70k on it. I also only paid $1000 for this car, so it's hard to justify spending primo on fluids for it vs just using regular and readily available products. Still....one wouldn't be a true bitoger without the temptation of outside the box oils lol.

Last edited:
I use Schaeffer 7000 HDEO on my commercial heavy truck and I use 9000 5w30 in my personal vehicles. Buying it online, the prices are criminal. Some stores are better. Thru a rep is best. I ordered a couple of cases of 9000 5w30 recently and it invoiced at $76.92 / case or about $6.41 / quart. A local commercial truck dealership parts dept has the same 9003D 5w30 on the shelf at around $7.35 / quart. The 7000 would be lower. I typically order mine along with all the my commercial order so I get the free shipping thing. Also the 3% discount.

Check and see if there is a local Schaeffer rep in your area. He might have some stock on hand or can point you to any shops in the area that would be carrying product you could buy.

A few years ago I PM'ed salesrep, a BITOG member who is a schaeffer's sales guy and bought some products.

You should try that;

Also there is a distributor in WA that offers free shipping for orders over $75

In this area, schaeffer is the guy who played in the band on David Letterman's show; there is no hint of the product

Last edited:
I've thought about it, couple parts stores around me carry it for about the same price as M1. Just not sure I can get over the idea of pouring green oil into my engine! Lol, sure it's good, but anything that's not honey golden brown seems really off to me when it comes to engine oil.

Originally Posted by racin4ds

I order a case off Amazon in advance and have 2 oil changes worth for my Cruze. Once I'm about halfway through the 2nd oil change I order another case. Gets here in 3 days. But I also order all my filters from RockAuto as well since I refuse to pay $14.99 for a filter I can get there for under $8.

Schaeffers system is set up, such that $375 qualifies for free shipping at wholesale prices. Below $375, same prices and the customer pays the freight. Costs are very reasonable when comparing to the competition. Retail is a bit trickier as retailers can be difficult to get to stock Schaeffers and/ or have their hands tied by corporate offices. Two completely different business models with Amsoil, which is multi level and the Schaeffers business model is one of direct sales by reps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back