Funny moment of the day.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of our "Car Lot" accounts had a 2015 Ford F250 Crew 4x4 Lariat with a 6.2L/6R140 combo towed to the shop directly from the Auction with a No Start complaint.

Did all the normal Auction Rat checks.....
*Charge the battery because they are always dead.
*Check oil level....Good.
*Check Fuel pressure & take a Fuel sample (Deadbeats love to fill fuel tanks with water when they can no longer afford the payments), No problems found.
*Hook up the scanner....No codes as the battery was dead.
*Attempt to start the engine resulted in a large backfire through the Intake.
*Watched the Cam/Crank Sync PID with the subsequent start attempt......NO GOOD!

Pulled both Valve Covers, Set #1 piston at TDC.......Bank 2 camshaft has jumped time 4-5 teeth on the Timing Chain & Tensioner is maxxed out. Bank 1 isn't far behind.
Lot's of sludge as well.

Mileage on the Odometer is 53832 & the Mileage stored in the PCM is 53834.
Engine Hours show 27,734
lol.gif
........It's just broke in right!!! My Duramax has @ 19,000 hours on it & just north of 400,000 miles.

We called the customer & he was very upset......Couldn't believe a engine can wear out in 53,000 miles. Trying to explain engine hours to some people is very difficult.

I'll snap some pics of the engine once I get the Cab lifted.

[Linked Image]

4.5 year old truck that was run 17 hours a day? Any indication it was a commercial truck? Curious what this was used for to have so much idle time.

Originally Posted by dishdude
4.5 year old truck that was run 17 hours a day? Any indication it was a commercial truck? Curious what this was used for to have so much idle time.

None! Has all the normal "Brodozer" stuff done.....6" Lift, Black rims, Toyo A/T tires. The Body & Interior are in really good shape. The unlined bed floor even looks good!

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Used by the boss of a city sewage department work crew ?

I'm thinking some kind of Gas Well service.

That number of hours fails the sanity check, it can't be right. The condition can be explained by lack of oil changes. I wouldn't be surprised if the factory oil filter is still on it.

Edit to add, that number is fairly close to 100,000,000 seconds, it has to be a misread/misinterpret or been tampered.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by MrMoody
That number of hours fails the sanity check, it can't be right. The condition can be explained by lack of oil changes. I wouldn't be surprised if the factory oil filter is still on it.

Edit to add, that number is fairly close to 100,000,000 seconds, it has to be a misread/misinterpret or been tampered.

It has a Fram Jobber filter on it. And the drain plug has blue & yellow paint pen crap all over it.....So the oil has been changed at least a few times.

Not that I have any way of verifying anything. The Snap-on Solus Ultra I'm using is not some cheap generic code reader that misinterprets data PID's.

Wow! It doesn't seem like the hours match the vehicle. Interesting none the less.

Can you break down idle time vs total run time like on Rams?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back